What If WN Was Starting Up Today?

Sun Mar 25, 2001 5:51 am

Here is a hypothetical for you. It Southwest Airliners was being started today, what type of a/c do you think they would purchase? Would they stick with the 737NGs, or do you think that they would go with the 717's or A320 family? Any thoughts?

ampropilot2b

RE: What If WN Was Starting Up Today?

Sun Mar 25, 2001 6:23 am

Well, if they were thinking like they were back then....I think they would probably have gone with the 717. Why? The 717 was designed precisely for what they were flying.....short inter-texas routes. The operating costs of the 717 can't be beat for that market. I don't think they would have gone for an airbus product, simply because the Airbus products are more plane than they would need (performance/range/other stuff). However, if they were thinking long term....the 737 is probably still a better choice because of the better range and capacity.

Interesting Question though....I would be curious to see what others think.

RE: What If WN Was Starting Up Today?

Sun Mar 25, 2001 6:29 am

If they started today probably Carl Icahn would own them since he wants to start a new airline.

Skippy