Twotterwrench
Topic Author

Comair Pilot's Pending Strike

Sun Mar 25, 2001 4:03 pm

I am no fan of unions and do not wish to turn this into a pro or con union thread, but doesn't it strike anyone as odd that Pres. Bush is doing nothing to step in and stop the strike that Comair Pilots are threatening for this coming monday? I mean, last week, when NWA's AMT's voted to strike, he immediately opened a PEB and stopped it. Then he made sooooo many speeches about he would let NO LABOR ACTION disrupt air travel this year. Now this only seems to apply to NWA, where management has made enormous contributions to his campaign which in turn resulted in nominations of NWA board members and former board members to Wub's cabinet. Hmmmm.... I voted for Bush, and I will continue to support him, but it seems he is speaking with a forked tongue here. Anyone else? And please dont' start spouting about how Comair deserves it and all that crap.. this thread isn't about that. Just let me know what you think of bubba wubba's actionsl in these two matters. Thanks.

watewate

RE: Comair Pilot's Pending Strike

Sun Mar 25, 2001 4:18 pm

I've noticed that this pending Comair strike hasn't received much media attention. Maybe Bush doesn't want to get involved in every single labour dispute, especially when the airline involved is not a major- i.e. Comair. But then again, I doubt Bush even knows what's going on in the country. He's working Dick Cheney so hard, this poor guy's had heart attack in his office while Bush was slacking around.  Smile

tom2katie

Mon Mar 26, 2001 4:06 am

Anymore, yesterdays news just doesn't stick with people I guess. If it doesn't directly affect them, it doesn't matter.

Delta15

Mon Mar 26, 2001 7:12 am

Gee for some reason i thought the strike was going on right now. All of the comair flights out of Ric are cancelled for the next few days, and its similar with lots of other cities.