TWA902fly
Topic Author

DCA Spotting Info Needed: Anyone?

Tue Mar 27, 2001 1:12 am

As some of you know, I drove to Washington DC. I went spotting at PIT instead of CLE, which was a good thing because i got a great shot of a USAirways A321!!!. Now I am here in IAD (10 miles from it) and I was planning to go spotting at DCA. Do any of you know any good spots at DCA with a 105mm camera? The only one i know is the park south of the airport. How do you get there? Directions would help. Once again thanks for the info in advance.

-TWA902fly
Dulles, Virginia
CWAP http://www.cwap.cjb.net
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

sunilgupta

RE: DCA Spotting Info Needed: Anyone?

Tue Mar 27, 2001 1:24 am

The only place south of DCA is the employee lot. We have had a lot of trouble with security there. Last week when I was there I was hassled. They took my license and ran my plates. The "cop" even asked my friend who he was talking to on the scanner  Wow!

It's almost impossible to give directions to get there because that airport is a spaghetti of roads. So when you get to the airport follow the signs for Signature and then follow the signs for the south employee lot. It's very confusing so expect to get messed up a few times. If all else fails, find an employee shuttle bus and follow that.

North of the field there is Gravely Point. It's a boat launch area but there is plenty of parking. If they are landing from the north this is where you'll want to be.

Both spots are fine with 105mm I think.

Sunil

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos