Lufthansa
Topic Author

The Australian Way

Mon May 10, 1999 4:34 pm

I pinched the Qantas inflight magazine name for a minute(which, Qantas inturn had pinched from Australian Airlines serveral years ago) to Ask for a bit of an Australian coner. Basically, what i want to know is who here is Australian, and what part of the country they are from. Also, which camp (an or qf) are they primarly in support of.

U Know Me, Lufthansa

Mon May 10, 1999 4:39 pm

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. Sydney stinks! They're losers!

Lufthansa
Topic Author

RE: U Know Me, Lufthansa

Mon May 10, 1999 4:46 pm

Yep, Sydney is that way because QF headquaters is there! (along with the mardi gras and the labour party)
Thank god pauline hanson is finished - i don't want any body saying anything about Queensland!

Yeah! Pauline Is Down!

Mon May 10, 1999 4:49 pm

Pauline Hanson stinks! If she's knocking my Asian friends, she's dead.

CX111

Back To The Point

Mon May 10, 1999 6:13 pm

I am from Sydney Australia, and Sydney doesn't stink OK.

Regs
Craig

RE: The Australian Way

Mon May 10, 1999 8:48 pm

FROM sydney australia
Love Ansett Group: SQ, AN, SA, KLM, MAS, LH
Thanks

CX111, Yeah It Does.

Mon May 10, 1999 9:43 pm

Hi Good Blokes,

I'm from Melbourne too, and I am going to sit on the fence for this one, both airlines, QF and AN are World Class!! They are both great to deal with.

Back to SYD though, three months ago I had to sit at the end of the runway for 20 minuts, because of dalays!

Honestly, I doin't know how the airport will cope with the Olympics.

Maurice

RE: The Australian Way

Mon May 10, 1999 9:56 pm

If you hate QF so much why use the name of their inflight mag for your topic?
Sorry people this is not on the subject but what has Mardi Gras got to do with not liking Sydney. Seems to me like you should stay in Queensland.
Maurice

Lufthansa
Topic Author

Murice

Tue May 11, 1999 4:22 am

i don't dislaike Qantas at all. this is the prolem with the internet - there is not body language and when the ever there is any sarcasim around, some people pick it up, others don't. I perfer Ansett, but, i don't dislike Qantas. And don't worry, if i had to chose between living in Sydney or Melbourne, i pick melbourne. Sydney is okay, but i like Melbourne's culture better. Never the less, i have chosen Queensland. If victoria's catch phrase is 'one the move', Queenslands is 'sit under a palm tree and drink beer. We're harldy problem free either, after all, we did produce Pauline Hanson and North Queensland still just about has apartied alive and well. As for QF, well, there are some things i think they should do differently, but, overall, they are still a long way a head of a lot of carriers.

Spud

The New Zealand Way

Tue May 11, 1999 12:28 pm

O.k. Im not in OZ but you guys are the closest to me. We southern hemispherians need to stick together. QF / AN mmmmm AN cause we own half. For now any way.

For God's Sake!

Tue May 11, 1999 2:55 pm

FOR GOD'S SAKE EVERYBODY, SYDNEY STINKS!

It's got the image of drugs and crime, like NYC.

And yeah, the olympics-the airport will not cope with the demand. To Spud-NZ is not bad, except a bit too boring when i was in Auckland.

Lufthansa
Topic Author

777rules Is Right

Tue May 11, 1999 3:55 pm

no more needed to say!

Read This Mr. Stanaq!

Tue May 11, 1999 4:33 pm

you're from Melbourne too? Wow! Sicko! Which part of Melbourne are you from? I'm from North Balwyn and go to crappy kew High School and I think Keff Kenett is a major loser for spending millions of $ into freeways and the crappy citylink which we have to pay to use it.
Melbourne airport is good i have to say, I sometimes go there once a couple of months for some plane spotting and Ansett simulators. This weekend I"m going into a 767-200ER simulator with my friend, cant wait!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos