United Says It Got The Shaft

Tue Apr 03, 2001 1:29 pm

CHICAGO, April 2 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines (NYSE: UAL) said today
that the "2000 National Airline Quality Rating" released by researchers at
Wichita State University and the University of Nebraska does not reflect
United's commitment to investment and innovation in customer service.

Of course, there service doesn't reflect any such commitment, either. Yes, it's hard to measure human suffering in mere numbers, but putting United way down on the list is a start.

Skippy

RE: United Says It Got The Shaft

Tue Apr 03, 2001 1:48 pm

Got to agree with United on this one. This survey was rigged. It's all a conspiracy by Leo Mullin. Who in their right minds could possibly rank America West 10/10 amongst the major airlines? I mean, nearly 2/3 of our flights arrived within 15 minutes of schedule in 2000, and fewer than 5% of our flights were cancelled. Yeah, our mishandled luggage rate went up, but I blame all-those FAA inspectors who were nosing around too much and distracting our ramp workers. Who does the FAA think they are to go around digging up dirt? Anyway, our customer service staff will do the best they can to locate your lost/mangled luggage, and deliver it to your doorstep with a smile, even at 3AM.

Tue Apr 03, 2001 2:00 pm

I think United got the shaft primarily because of their labor problems over the summer. I've been to the west coast and back twice in the past 3 weeks on United, and found the service to be much better than expected (although the same 2 meal choices all the time gets really tiring). I thought the service (not counting the whole MRTC vs. Econ plus debate) was definitely better than American, with whom I tend to fly a lot as well, as I often need to do the BOS-SJC run.

Tue Apr 03, 2001 3:06 pm

Dear William,

I resent the implication that Delta Air Lines had any undue influence on the survey. This is merely proof of the fact that if you lower people's expectations far enough, they start looking at mediocrity in a positive light.

Simply Good Business, William ; thats all it is.

Sincerely,
Uncle Leo

jmc1975

Hey Mr. Franke!

Tue Apr 03, 2001 5:54 pm

See if you can tell me the reg. # of the 737-200 currently in the paint shop in Roswell.

Pilot1113

Wed Apr 04, 2001 2:38 am

United: Striving for mediocracy in a world of excellence!  Wink/being sarcastic

- Neil Harrison

TonyBurr

Wed Apr 04, 2001 8:23 am

I am 1 K, and so sorry to have to fly UA! If they treat their "most valued customer" as they do, I pity the poor occasional UA flyer!

DCA-ROCguy

Wed Apr 04, 2001 10:08 am

The Wichita State study has described United accurately. Loved ones who belong to UA's FF program and fly them several times a year, rarely have a trip that *isn't* messed up by United in some way. I'm glad my that travel plans allow me to avoid United.

Jim
Need a new airline paint scheme? Better call Saul! (Bass that is)

RE: Jmc1975

Wed Apr 04, 2001 1:34 pm

I believe N138AW (ex CC-CIY) is due to be repainted in this general time frame.

However, strange things can happen in Roswell, so I can't be 100% sure.

VirginA340

Wed Apr 04, 2001 1:42 pm

United will stop getting shafted when they stop shafting flyers. There service is not good. So they need to admit it instead of promoting the current one as acceptable. If UAL was based in Japan Japanese businessmen(a focre to be reckoned with) from Tokyo-Okinawa would be screaming on top of their lungs for the rude and incompetant employess and the over all bad service along with the ridiculous delays. Mr Goodwin would be asked to resign and another CEO who can do the job better will take his place.
"FUIMUS"

jmc1975

RE: WilliamFranke

Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:18 pm

Bill,
You are so close! It is one that is due to be painted this month. However, N184AW is currently sitting over there right now. But like you said, you never know about Roswell. Do you think America West (Express) will ever serve Roswell?