airbusluver

Fantasy Airline

Thu Apr 05, 2001 6:23 am

How about this fantasy airline:

Low fare airline (like Jetblue) based at Dayton, Ohio. This has several advantages. Dayton has free gates, and is very close to two major Ohio cities (Cincinnati and Columbus). so it could use the Southwest effect to draw from them. Fly using 737-700s to Chicago Midway, Detroit, and Newark (New York). Add some more cities like Tampa, Indianapolis, Seattle etc. and build up some customer loyalty. How does that sound?

lindy field

RE: Fantasy Airline

Thu Apr 05, 2001 7:03 am

What's in Dayton? Dayton has an airport?

airbusluver

Thu Apr 05, 2001 8:55 am

Yes-Dayton has an airport  Big grin . Dayton is the headquarters of quite a few US companies. I have a feeling you do not live in the Good Ol' USA.

lindy field

Thu Apr 05, 2001 9:01 am

Airbusluver,

On the contrary, my username should reveal where I'm from. I'm just giving you a hard time about Dayton. What's the airscene like in Dayton? I imagine a lot of Comair planes and NW DC-9s.
Actually, I currently live in a place that is only served by US Airways Express Dash 8s. Pretty pathetic.

I have my doubts that a Dayton-hubbed airline would work. Don't Delta & Continental & America West have Ohio sown up?

airbusluver

Thu Apr 05, 2001 9:19 am

Piedmont used to have a hub at Dayton-and did extremely well at it. It was shut down by US Airways at the merger because it was to close geographically to their then-hub at Indianapolis.

lindy field

Thu Apr 05, 2001 9:58 am

US Airways killed PSA as well, which was headquartered in San Diego. And later US Airways abandoned California in-state service, and sold off a lot of the fleet. Bloody waste.

portcolumbus

Thu Apr 05, 2001 10:07 am

America West is far from having Ohio sewn up. It'd have to be CO and DL that have Ohio.

Thu Apr 05, 2001 10:22 am

Here's mine:

A low fare, all business-class airline based out of Washington, D.C., called Capital Airways. They operate 737-800s from Dulles to major cities like Boston, New York, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas and Houston, Atlanta, New Orleans, Denver, San Fran., L.A., Seattle, San Diego. My airline would have hubs in IAD, DFW, SFO, and SEA.

This would be a *special* business airline, which flies for business travelers only;could be leased by corporations; and have an all business-class interior, as I have mentioned before.

We would also operate a few 744s and 777s for international operations.  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up

737doctor

Thu Apr 05, 2001 4:25 pm

I'm not from Dayton (I've only been there once) and I don't even really like Dayton, but they do have quite an impressive aviation heritage. For starters, Orville and Wilbur Wright were born in Dayton and their old bicycle shop is now part of a historical park. Wright-Patterson Air Force base is located there as well as a giant USAF museum. Also located in Dayton: The National Aviation Hall of Fame. In addition, they have large Air Show every year in Dayton, which attracts a lot of interest.

Dayton International Airport is serviced by 12 airlines: Air Canada, AirTran, American, ATA, ComAir, Continental Express, Delta, Northwest, Midwest Express, TWA, United and US Airways.

Finally, Emery Worldwide calls Dayton their home. Believe me, every night, in the wee hours of the morning, their ramp is a flurry of activity. During my lone visit (via a big ugly freighter), I chose not to wander too far from the aircraft, lest I get run down by deceptively speedy forklift carrying a large pallet of cargo.
Patrick Bateman is my hero.

Thu Apr 05, 2001 4:28 pm

How about an all Yak42 carrier based in Decatur, IL? We could have nonstop service to Carbondale and Champaign.

Also, I dream about a Shreveport, LA based airline operating only concorde to Keflavik, with a few EMB-110 Banderiante's to Monroe, Baton Rouge and Lake Charles.

airbusluver

Thu Apr 05, 2001 9:51 pm

I think your kind of missing the point of Dayton. The fares would be low enough that it could act as an airport for Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus. It is close to all of those cities.

Logos

Thu Apr 05, 2001 10:05 pm

I think you're kind of missing the point of Wishihadalife.

Cheers,
Dave in Berlin
Too many types flown to list

airbusluver

Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:36 am

I don't think Yak 42's are legal in the US:D:D:D!!!!

chepos

Fri Apr 06, 2001 12:06 pm

My fantasy Airline would be an airline that would trully be from Puerto Rico like Jamaica that has Air Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago has BWIA.
It would be called Aero Puerto Rico
We would to Europe,Latin America,The Craibbean,US
And we would have a fleet of 767-200,737-700,MD-80
Chepos
Puerto Rico
Fly the Flag!!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos