Boeing's Supersonic Plane Project

Fri Apr 06, 2001 11:36 am

I was wondering when the future Boeing's supersonic plane will come out. I was also wondering if other "future" planes will come out before the A380 will. And what would those planes be?

Triple Seven

RE: Boeing's Supersonic Plane Project

Fri Apr 06, 2001 2:13 pm

It sounds like the 60s again when there was a size vs. speed war (747 vs. Concorde). I think its too radical, Boeing is going to have a hard time selling them. Sure, airlines will always be interested in providing inputs for a design but when it does comes out will they be willing to buy them ??? It's too radical of a leap unless they want the new Boeings to be another Concorde or Convair 880/990s. It's just my view.

- Triple Seven

MattNZ

RE: Boeing's Supersonic Plane Project

Fri Apr 06, 2001 3:21 pm

I disagree, Firstly the new Boeing project is not super-sonic as it under the speed barrier (Mach 1). But I think that the current design of airplanes is getting dated and behind the times. It's not to radical and I think that it will prove popular and besides when the 767 phases out the customers have to replace with something and that means the will have to buy the Boeing B2XXX doesn't it!
BTW. isn't this a great time to be alive!