Does Cylw Have An ILS.....

Mon Apr 09, 2001 5:15 am

........or is just an LOC/DME sytem?

RE: Does Cylw Have An ILS.....

Mon Apr 09, 2001 5:25 am

Just did a quick searh and it doesn't seems it had any.

The main reason why i'm posting here tough is to reply to one of your post in the Concorde thread, you said that if you were the pilot bla bla bla you would not have taken off because the AF A/C could not reach the ocean to dump the fuel, FYI fuel dumping can also be made over land, even populous area, you just have to be high enought (5000ft) for the fuel to vapourize.

Nicolas

cylw

Mon Apr 09, 2001 5:43 am

Kelowna currently does not have an ILS. Like you said it has a LOC and a DME. Its offset 9 degrees from the runway 15 centreline. NavCanada has said they're going to be giving us an ILS, but no date is set in stone as far as I know.

tygue

Mon Apr 09, 2001 6:07 am

I believe Kelowna plans on putting in an ILS before 2002. They've also got plans to extend the runway a bit.

Mon Apr 09, 2001 10:44 am

Hmmm this is strange, Westjet apperantly promised airport authorities(in kamloops)service as soon as a glideslope is added to the current loc/dme setup, yet Kelowna has been one of its first destinations with the same system. Seems like westjet is looking for exuses, but why?