Delta Exibit At ATL

Thu Apr 12, 2001 8:42 am

I heard there was a exibit at ATL in concourse T. I love concourse T and I usually go there whenever I am at the Airport. I now hear that Delta has a history exibit on the airline in that concourse. Is this new? I have never seen it there. Anyone got more info or pics?

DALATL
FLY DELTA JETS

DL_Mech

RE: Delta Exibit At ATL

Thu Apr 12, 2001 11:17 am

The exhibit has been taken down. I personally liked the lounge seats from the Convair 880. The Delta exhibit has been replaced by a Georgia Pacific history of paper exhibit (yawn).
This plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot.

Pendrilsaint

Thu Apr 12, 2001 11:24 am

wow...I thought that exhibit was permanent. I wish it was , it had some very cool memorabilia...All the stuff about the DC-8's in their fleet was pretty neat. It must have been an amazing time to change over from props to jets...too bad im too young to know anything of it=)

Tom in NO

Thu Apr 12, 2001 11:38 am

Delta should take a page from American's book, and create their own version of the CR Smith Museum. A very classy museum full of displays of American's history, a very entertaining film, and a well-stocked gift shop.

I'd be interested to know what other US airlines have their own dedicated museum.

Tom in NO (at MSY)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

Dalmd88

Fri Apr 13, 2001 6:33 am

DL is creating a museum in ATL. It will be in the old hanger near the General Office complex. It isn't open to the public yet, and it is off to a slow start. They have the first airplane, a Travel Air and I think one of the crop duster planes from the 20's. They also have the DC-3. No date has been set for a public opening.