Delta Exibit At ATL

Thu Apr 12, 2001 8:42 am

I heard there was a exibit at ATL in concourse T. I love concourse T and I usually go there whenever I am at the Airport. I now hear that Delta has a history exibit on the airline in that concourse. Is this new? I have never seen it there. Anyone got more info or pics?

DALATL
FLY DELTA JETS

DL_Mech

RE: Delta Exibit At ATL

Thu Apr 12, 2001 11:17 am

The exhibit has been taken down. I personally liked the lounge seats from the Convair 880. The Delta exhibit has been replaced by a Georgia Pacific history of paper exhibit (yawn).
This plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot.

Pendrilsaint

Thu Apr 12, 2001 11:24 am

wow...I thought that exhibit was permanent. I wish it was , it had some very cool memorabilia...All the stuff about the DC-8's in their fleet was pretty neat. It must have been an amazing time to change over from props to jets...too bad im too young to know anything of it=)

Tom in NO

Thu Apr 12, 2001 11:38 am

Delta should take a page from American's book, and create their own version of the CR Smith Museum. A very classy museum full of displays of American's history, a very entertaining film, and a well-stocked gift shop.

I'd be interested to know what other US airlines have their own dedicated museum.

Tom in NO (at MSY)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

Dalmd88

Fri Apr 13, 2001 6:33 am

DL is creating a museum in ATL. It will be in the old hanger near the General Office complex. It isn't open to the public yet, and it is off to a slow start. They have the first airplane, a Travel Air and I think one of the crop duster planes from the 20's. They also have the DC-3. No date has been set for a public opening.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos