twa

Delta L-1011 At MCO Today

Sat Apr 14, 2001 1:18 pm

Heya Everyone, Earliar today when My Girlfriend and I were at MCO we saw a Delta Air Lines L-1011 come in from Atlanta then depart from Atlanta. It unloaded and loaded at Gate 71.

I took a look at Delta's Flight Schedules and they do have Scheduled Tristar service to MCO. I thought they pulled the L-1011 service to MCO. Is the extensive L-1011 Service replacing the 764's until they get the new seats?

Thanks,
TWA

RE: Delta L-1011 At MCO Today

Sun Apr 15, 2001 5:54 am

I think they have their last L-1011s flying around there in the southwest, as they are about to retire all of them.
While others seem less happy about DL retireing the L-1011s, I am glad to see that coming, as I am about DL replacing the old overhead bins in their 757s.
But you might be right about DL waiting for their 764s - on my last couple of flights, they were not very flexible in having spare a/cs around - the whole crew (including the pilots) had to wait until the delayed equipment came in.

twa

Rcs85551

Sun Apr 15, 2001 2:04 pm

Ya, I think I read something about Delta having a some L-1011's out west.

I hate to see the Tristar leave but I can see how others are glad.

I wish Delta would do a complete renovation of their 757's!!!!! Their pushing 20 years old.

I know Delta is getting more 767-400's and I read where they were putting new seats in them.

That sucks that you had to wait.

Cya,
TWA

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos