SK A340
Topic Author

Are You Impressed Of Any Airline?

Tue Apr 17, 2001 5:52 pm

Is there any airline that you are a bit more impressed over than any other and not because they are big or have a nice livery?

I'm pretty impressed of Icelandair. It's an airline that only serves about 200.000 people and still has 757's and fly to many destinations both in Europe and in the US.
They have managed to get people to fly with them on routes served non-stop by many airlines though they always land on Iceland.

Ikarus

RE: Are You Impressed Of Any Airline?

Tue Apr 17, 2001 6:28 pm

Yes, Icelandair has found a nice niche...

Personally, I'm impressed with Virgin Atlantic. Not just because of the entertainment system (which is great), and not just their outdated struggle against BA. I am impressed with an airline that replies to its customers as they do, has such a good interface on their web-page to contact them, and whose pilots and first officers actually respond to e-mails sent to them regarding enquiries about the flights....

A truly great airline indeed.

Regards

Ikarus

airbusluver

Tue Apr 17, 2001 11:30 pm

Giving an American's perspective here, Southwest Airlines. 5 Words--Great, Great, Great, Great, Great!!!!!

roberson

Wed Apr 18, 2001 1:03 pm

Although I've never flown either, Midwest Express and Midway sound like they deliver a high quality product for a good price. It looks like MidEx is very popular in business markets. I hope that these two start some trends. Then again, JetBlue also has a great idea going. I hope that they are successful out of DEN and maybe add some flights to additional destinations (probably not for a while, though).

RE: Transavia Airlines

Wed Apr 18, 2001 4:36 pm

I'm impressed by Transavia Airlines. This Dutch holiday and scheduled airline is Europe's most profitable charter airline at this moment. The airline has grown towards the second airline of the Netherlands, leaving Martinair behind. Mr. Legro (American of origin), president of Transavia, can be compared with with Mr. Kelleher of Southwest. The spirit and professionality of both presidents are comparable. Legro and Kelleher seem to be business friends of eachother. My brother in law is a Transavia Airlines captain on the Boeing 737-300 and 800.

Transavia Airlines is truely loved by most of the Dutch, it is really a great airline!! Transavia Airlines has an all Boeing fleet (B737-300's/800's and B757-200's). In the past they flew the DC6 and 7, Sud Aviation Caravelle, Boeing 707, Airbus A300, B737-200 and changed their colourscheme and logo for at least 5 times.

Air Orange