Matt D
Topic Author

Planes On TV And The Movies

Sat Apr 21, 2001 10:05 am

I watched a re-run of the Dukes Of Hazzard today. At the end of the episode, they showed a tail shot of a Hughes Airwest DC-9 N915RW. (it might have been N951RW....I have a bad short term memory)

What has become of this plane? Have any of you seen it in person? What about other TV shows and movies? Have you seen any specific planes? (where the reg.# was visible)

justplanesmart

RE: Planes On TV And The Movies

Sun Apr 22, 2001 8:26 am

Northwest has a DC-9-30 registered N915RW. Presumably, this would be the same plane, having passed from Hughes Airwest to Republic to Northwest thru the two mergers in 1981 and 1986 respectively.
"So many planes; so little time..."

dutchjet

Sun Apr 22, 2001 8:38 am

This is not really on topic, but dont you love it when they show an exterior shot of a 727 and an interior shot of a 747?

aa777flyer

Sun Apr 22, 2001 1:20 pm

Ya I agree with DutchJet. That is totally lame. Like they show a DC-10 on takeoff then landing on a S80 or something like that. Or they show a DC10 exterior with a 747 interior....Whats Up With That? Dont movie directors go out and study airplanes?

By the way...are there any good airplane movies comming up soon. I thinks its about time...
The TSA was created to make the post office look efficient!

AerLingus

Sun Apr 22, 2001 1:27 pm

I think I've said it once and I'll say it again: 'Pushing Tin' was the last good plane movie. The Delta jet in the movie matched, interior and exterior, but in the scene where Nick Falzone goes berserk with paranoia on the jet, in one scene, the plane was a 767 or an A-310, but the jet that they showed approaching overhead was a T-tail.
I myself am thinking of writing a little script revolving around a long-haul pilot who has to take a job with a rural milk-run line after he gets laid off in a merger.
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

Sun Apr 22, 2001 2:06 pm

You were watching the Dukes of Hazzard? Duuuude.
I posted this topic about a week ago and got about 2 replies, it's been covered before. But I did have one thought today pertaining to the subject: why do producers have to insert the sound of the wheels as they hit the runway during a landing? I've probably watched a million jets land from various vantage points, and you cannot hear the sound like you can in a Cessna.

Respectfully Submitted,
CO Cargo