airmale

Kyrghyzstan Airlines Suspends Birmingham Service

Tue Apr 24, 2001 9:05 pm

Kyrghyzstan Airlines have suspended their weekly(Sunday) service to BHX until the company is re-financed and an A320 is available, what aircraft were they plying on the route and what was the routing of the service Smile
.....up there with the best!

ZOOMER

RE: Kyrghyzstan Airlines Suspends Birmingham Service

Tue Apr 24, 2001 11:58 pm

I can answer your question in part. The service began with a French registered and leased A320. This was re-possessed only several weeks later after being impounded (following maintenance) in Shannon. The airline continued serving BHX with it's own TU-154s The exact routing I can't remember.

A330-243

Wed Apr 25, 2001 8:08 am

Actually the service was suspended about a year ago its been a while since K2 were at BHX.

I did see one of their TU-154s when I was at the airport to see the first PK flight. That day was 16/4/2000, not long after the Sunday afternoon service was suspended.

I'm certain the A320 flew nonstop to Bishkek (FRU). However the TU-154s may have routed with a stop enroute. Some of the cities included may have been Kiev, Minsk and Kishinev. Sorry, my memory of the flight routing is a bit vague.

In the last 5 years there have been a number of airlines to BHX from the Central Asia (CIS) region. The first to do so was Tajikistan International who flew to Dushanbe and continued to Delhi with a leased TriStar. They where followed by Turkmenistan who recently went daily and have rights to fly ASB-BHX-YYZ/JFK. In March 2000 Uzbekistan flew Thursday and Friday 757 service, continued onwards from Tashkent to Amritsar. This route was recently suspended. Also Kazakhstan served Almaty with Tupolevs for a short period.

Oops, too much information!  Smile

Pe@rson

Wed Apr 25, 2001 8:11 am

K2 used to route FRU-IST-BHX, once-weekly using the A320. I don't recall this service operating non-stop.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos