ILUV767
Topic Author

Funny Cabin Announcements!

Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:18 am

I just wanted to share with some of you some funny cabin announcements. Please feel free to add to the list. Lets see how many we can get! Big grin

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Denver...please use caution when opening the overhead compartments as you may be KILLED by falling luggage items, and that would create a lot more paperwork for us!"

On a lightly booked flight, with about 15 people or so on it, the captain would make this announcement a few minutes before pushback.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, if you could help us out by moving to the window, we would greatly appreciate your help...(pause) so we can give our compeditors the impression that we have a full flight today. Thanks for your cooperation."

Here is an announcment that was made after a real hard landing.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain seated as our pilots are much better flyers than they are drivers!

Here is one of my favorites. This was made on a through flight to Orlando.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, here at United the flight attendants are required to clean the plane on through flights and we could certainly use some extra help today, so if you would like to help, please indicate yourself by standing up before the seatbelt sign is turned off. Thank you."

There are more...and i'll post them later. Also, I've actually never heard these made on a flight, but some f/a's have told me about them being made.

Lets see how long we can get our list!  Smile

BA

RE: Funny Cabin Announcements!

Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:23 am

LOL! Those are great!  Big thumbs up
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

Marcus

Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:37 am

Once on a Southwest flight the cabin announcement went something like this:
"For those of you travelling with a child.......that's too bad"
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

JFKspotter

Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:43 am

On my flight from JFK to SJC last Summer, the AA f/a said: "Ladies and Gentlemen, good afternoon, and welcome aboard AA flight ### with nonstop service to San Juan, Puerto Rico (long pause, whispering among passengers) Oh, excuse me, I mean, San Jose, California."

Some guy yelled out "Yeah! Puerto Rico! I could use a vacation! Let's go!"

Thought that might fit into this category.

-JFKspotter

futureatp

Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:51 am

On a wn flight into midway on a windy day after a hard landing " Ladies and gentalmen, this is your captian and we are going back up so I can show the other guy how it is done"

Also on WN "...and up front we have senoir captians orville and wilber"

And.....Folks we are all ready to go, and we imagine you are ready to go.....but we at southwest have figured out that you also like it if your luggage goes, so we are going to be a few more minuets.

On a awa flight in mci......Folks today we are going to lax....dont worry phx passengers, I am stopping their for gas and directions.

767-332ER

Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:15 am

After landing from a gorgeous flight from ATL to San Diego, CA on a DL 757, the flight attendant came on an announced: "ladies and gentlement, we would like to be the first one's to welcome you to........(a pause for about 3 mins) and as we were rolling into the gate the flight attendant came back on and said, San Diego, and then continued.
Twinjets...if one fails, work the other one twice as hard!!!

BH346

Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:18 am

I don't remember any of it, but on a Mesaba Airlines flight from Wichita to Memphis a few years ago, the FA's sung a rap song about the safety features of the RJ85. It was really catchy and every line rhymed. Has anyone heard this on their flight?

BH346
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

An-225

Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:23 am

On a flight from Moscow with multiple stops, every time they'd use a different crew. And every time, the crew would say - Welcome to our plane. Then after 3rd or fourth stop, someone gets up and yells - NO - That's our plane, we've been her longer than you!
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

Tom in NO

Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:25 am

My favorites are also on Southwest, withthe all-time classic being (in the pre-flight announcements):

"There is no smoking anywhere on this aircraft, including the restrooms. Anyone caught smoking will be re-seated out on the wing, where they will be free to enjoy our double-feature movie: "Bye-Bye Birdie", and "Gone With the Wind".

Tom in NO (at MSY)

"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

CVG777

Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:32 am

On a Delta 727 in SLC, we had been delayed for about 40 minutes due to bad weather in the area and bad weather along the route. We finally begin to taxi out and the pilot came on and said...

"Ladies and gentlemen...Due to less than favorable weather along the flight path we will be taxiing out towards our runway, but will have to sit around out there for a little while until we are able to take off."

15 minutes later...

"Ladies and gentlemen, due to a change in the winds, we must now taxi to the other end of the runway where we will continue our sitting around and waiting to take off..."

oakmad

Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:39 am

Virgin had just started flight from MEL to BNE and everyone was talking about how fun they were. On one flight after land they announced that we should be 'careful opening overhead lockers as shift happens during flight'

cx340

Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:48 am

On a recent Aeromexico 757 flight MEX-MTY, after landing and waiting on the ramp for almost 30 minutes, pilot says: "Ladies and Gentlemen, due to the severe stupidity of the airlines's staff at MTY, and even though we have available gates, we will have to wait another 5 minutes to arrive at our gate"

Superfly

Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:58 am

United 737 ONT-SFO in 1997.
"Good morning everyone, I am your Captian Judge Lance Ito, our co-pilot is Johnny Cochran, flight engineer Marcia Clark. Your flight arttendants are Kato Kalin, Chris Darden, OJ Simpson, Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson".

Bring back the Concorde

ATL Traveller

Thu Apr 26, 2001 1:12 pm

Just yesterday on a Delta 767 going to Boston from Atlanta this happened:

There was a cold front causing rain and wind in both Atlanta and Boston. I figured there would be delays, but to my surprise we left the gate on time. The plane was pushed back and just as the movement stopped the captain came on the PA to say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Captain (name). It looked like we were ready to go, but now there's a ground hold in Boston. We're going to be towed back to the gate. We'll have to wait there about an hour. We'll keep you updated as info is passed on to us." The plane moved forward to the gate. But just as we got there the captain came on the PA to say, "Well, we've got an update. The hold is off. We can go now." The plane hadn't even stopped moving forward! Now they were backing us out again. After being backed out the second time, we taxied to the runway. As we got to the runway the co-pilot said, "This is First Officer (name). We're number three for take-off. It should be only a few minutes. Captain (name) and I will continue with our pre-flight checklist. Now that we've practiced our ramp procedures we'll prepare for take-off... which we figure we'll only do once." All on board laughed.

ILOVEA340

Thu Apr 26, 2001 2:13 pm

Southwest..

Welcome aboard Southwest flight XXX with service to Las Vegas through MANCHESTER, BWI, MSY, Kansas city and Dallas.
Large male passengter stands up and yells (a little drunk) hell of a way to get to vegas.

TM

Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:14 pm

On arrival LAS-SLC
Please remain in your seats until the Captain and Tenille have stopped at the gate and turned of the seatbelt sign.

QantasAirways

Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:27 pm

LOL!!! Some of these are really good!!!  Big thumbs up

Regards
QantasAirways
Spirit of Australia

GunFighter 6

Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:28 pm

We where waiting for the plane to ZRH. at AMS
when suddenly an FA came on the PA system:

Could all passengers who just took the plane to zurich please put it back, we need the plane.
 Big thumbs up

sushka

Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:28 pm

My friend told me about a time when he was on a Southwest flight and the captain came on the PA and told everybody to clap because they got done with the pushback on time.
Pershoyu Spravoyu Litaki!

FBU 4EVER!

Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:45 pm

After one of those "arrivals":
While Captain Cangaroo bounces his way to the terminal,please remain seated with your seatbelts fastened.Thank you.
"Luck and superstition wins all the time"!

lewis

Thu Apr 26, 2001 8:28 pm

There is a pilot that works for Olympic who's surname is Makaritis. Makaritis in Greek is called someone who has died. My best friend though it was a joke during a fligh but he then found out that it was his real name. Many passengers were afraid...

Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:27 pm

My friend Kate has just returned from a trip to Paris, on arrival the pa said:
"Would all British and Irish passengers remove any meat products they have in their baggage to help avoid the spread of "nose and mouth" disease"

Tan Flyr

Fri Apr 27, 2001 3:17 am

A number of years ago on a flight to IND, we arrived late one night due to weather and a very tired F/A came on the PA to announce "welcome to....." and she went blank, however she had the mic open as she asked anther F/A, where in the hell are we? Every one heard it, however she went on to announce that indeed we had arrived at Indianapolis.

I remember this was on a 72S, but it was either AA or DL.

ngr

Fri Apr 27, 2001 3:31 am

Once, we flew on American Airlines from Miami to the Dominican Republic on vacation. We had a really bad landing, and I mean really bad. We hit the ground and heard a loud BOOM where it sounded like a tire had burst. Anyways, the Captain came on the PA and said "There you have it"
-NGR  Smile

NoUFO

Fri Apr 27, 2001 3:42 am

In the middle of a flight:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, as a special inflight entertainment service our f/a (...) will read poems by W.B. Yeats now for the next two hours. Those who already have enjoyed her readings before, know that the headphones are stored in the armrests."

I support the right to arm bears

EIPremier

Fri Apr 27, 2001 3:43 am

"We have a very strict carrion policy. If you have additional carrions, feel free to give them to one of our resourceful flight attendant, who will find a way of incorporating them into the in-flight meals."

(never heard that one before---just thought it would be funny)

"After arrival, you can expect your bags at the lower level baggage claim area sometime within the next few days. If your bags do not arrive, take comfort in the fact that our poor baggage handlers probably need the material possessions more than you do."

---Actually heard the second one! I'd prefer not to say the airline. Obviously this F/A was just a tiny bit cynical.

"San Francisco may be fogged in, but we DO know the way to San Jose." --Heard on a SEA-SFO flight in 1997.

n757tw

Fri Apr 27, 2001 3:46 am

Once on a flight from STL-MKE-STL on TWA, we had a crew that was hilarrious. They annouced to us that we had to ' discontinue the use of all portable electronic equiptment including, laptop comupters, video cameras, weed wackers, hedge trimers,....

Then at the end of the flight service, that asked to pass any unwanted trash including cups, papers, children, and such.

N 7 5 7 T W

p.s. It is't very funny typed out but was great being there.

Fri Apr 27, 2001 3:48 am

Last year on a vanguard flight after "heavy" turbulence, the captain says:

"Wasn't that bad was it"  Smile

heisan67

Braathens - Norway

Fri Apr 27, 2001 4:04 am

On a flight on Braathens (BU) the female flight attendant said: "...nothing will be served between these two legs today" then bursting out inlaughter and was quite red walking thru the cabin afterwards.

EIPremier

Fri Apr 27, 2001 4:44 am

Arriving in Seattle on a foggy evening:

"We thank you for your choice of X airlines. You may have thought you had a choice of carriers today, but actually you didn't. As we pass by the America West and Southwest gates, be sure to wave to all the passengers who will be stranded for the night."

ScottB

Fri Apr 27, 2001 6:27 am

Most of these are from Southwest, of course:

After landing: "We'd like to thank you for flying with us today, and the next time you want to be shot through the air in a pressurized metal tube at nearly the speed of sound, we hope you'll remember that no one loves you or your money more than Southwest Airlines."

Upon landing at Providence on a bitterly cold day in November: "Welcome to sunny Honolulu!"

Arriving at the gate: "Please make sure to take all personal belongings with you; anything left behind will be divided up among the crew."

Safety briefing: "In the event of a sudden loss in cabin pressure, stop screaming, ..., if you are traveling with a child or someone acting like a child, please put on your own oxygen mask before assisting then."

BlueJet

NGR

Fri Apr 27, 2001 7:06 am

Where in the Dom Rep?
I was on an AA flight MIA-LRM (La Romana) and when we landed the piloy said...
"Welcome aboard La Romana" and the in the backround....(shit) "Welcome to La Romana" Everyone laughed.

ILOVEA340

RE: NGR

Fri Apr 27, 2001 7:57 am

not oin the funny side but interestying. On a swissair flight from ZRH-JFK apon arrival the FA says "welcome to beautiful Newark" (theres two erros in that but thats besides the point. anyways she was sure that she was in Newark for about 30 sec until finally the captain went on the air cortrecting it and made a coment about crazy drunk flight attendents (don't remember the wording.)

tsully

Fri Apr 27, 2001 8:00 am

UAL flt 933 LHR-LAX 16 April 2001:

"...On behalf of all of us at United, welcome to Los Angeles International Airport, which is in the United States of America. The local time here in L.A. is approx. 1200 daylight savings time.... [pause] excuse me ladies and gentlemen, Pacific Standard Time. It's been a long flight..."

UAL OKC-DEN March 2001:

"Please stay seated until the captain has turned off the seat belt sign. Here at DEN, we have a high-tech system which monitors passengers who get out of their seats prior to the seat belt sign being turned off. Passengers who violate this rule will have their luggage immediately deplaned and lost."

SWA flight SJC-BUR April Fools' Day 2001:

"Welcome aboard flight xxx to Burbank this evening. Please bear with your cabin crew today, as it’s been an especially long and tiresome day. So to lighten our flight attendants' workload this evening, they will not be coming down the aisle with snacks. During takeoff, we will throw the snacks down the aisle; so please grab as many as you wish. Again, thanks for flying Southwest, and welcome aboard".

The FA at the front of the plane actually threw some snacks down the aisle during takeoff. I wasn't there; my cousin told me what happened. Apparently, everyone was so confused by the FA's behavior, it didn't occur to them what day it was...

When the announcement was made that drinks and ice were next to roll down the aisle, the FA took to opportunity to reveal the hoax.

I would have loved to see some of the expressions on that flight!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
I love America. I guess that makes me Bush's poodle, but I'd rather be a dog in New York City than a prince in Riyadh.

Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:38 am

In January of this year, I took a flight from MCI to LAX with a stop at IAH. The flight from IAH to LAX was on a Continental DC-10 and the flight attendant (male) making the announcements was silly. I do not know if he noticed it, but he introduced the movie that was to be shown as "Debazzled." It was supposed to be "Bedazzled." When we were making approach to LAX, the same flight attendant said, "As we prepare to land in Houston, please help us by passing all of your remaining service items to the flight attendants." I do not know if he remembered we were going to LA or not, but he did announce it correctly once we were on the ground.

rootsgirl

Fri Apr 27, 2001 12:01 pm

I like a little joke after a flight and when I make announcements I say "please remember to take all of your personal belongings with you, because whatever you leave behind will be equally divided amongst the flight attendants". Strange how some passenges do not have a sense of humor. I had one guy flip out on me because I mispronounced the captain's name (which sounded like Hercules anyway), so I said Captain Hercules and then I joked saying he was strong like a bull blah blah blah.... well everyone was laughing and suddenly this guy just flipped out. He even wrote a complaint letter about this to the company. Just another example of one person ruining a great day!

SophieMaltese

Fri Apr 27, 2001 12:16 pm

A flight attendant on an international flight came on the speaker and said, "Help me, help me, I'm stuck out on the wing." After everybody looked out the windows, he said, "Nooooo, the other wing!"

rw774477

Fri Apr 27, 2001 12:36 pm

"Welcome to Denver ........ and please remain seated until the AIRPORT has come to a complete standstill" - CO

rw774477

Boeing Nut

Fri Apr 27, 2001 10:20 pm

Oh man! These are too funny!  Laugh out loud Here's a couple ....

On a TWA flight, we had experince a ground hold, and the flight was only about half full. The Captain made this announcement. "ladies and gentlmen, we have a ground stop of about an hour today due to weather. As you can see, we are a ralatively empty flight today, so if there is anyone that was separated from thier family and would like to sit with thier family, you can do so at this time. If there is anyone that wishes to get away from your family members, you can do so at this time".

Another from TWA that had already been pushed off the gate, "Ladies and gentlemen, we would like to welcome you aboard this flight to Ft Lauderdale. If Ft. Lauderdale was not in your travel plans today ..... it is now".

One more from SWA, (captain) "Good morning ladies and gentlemen, we would like to welcome you aboard this flight to ... uh ... uh ...(F/O yells in the background....Pheonix!) oh yea! Phoenix! ( a little later in the flight..) "for those of you on the left side of the aircraft you will be able to see the city of ... uh... of uh...( F/O yells St louis!) Oh yea! St. Louis!! (on approach) "ladies and gentlemen, we have started our final appraoch to our destination city of .... uh .... um..... ( F/O bails him out again.... Pheonix!) Oh, Oh yea!! Pheonix!!! (after landing) "Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived in Pheonix. We would like to thank you for flying on, ... uh ...on um ..... (F/O once again.....Southwest, damnit!) Oh yea! Southwest damnit! Have a nice day!!

Good topic!!! Nice to get away from the A vs.B.
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

EyeSky

Fri Apr 27, 2001 10:56 pm

Southwest used to fly between GEG and BOI in the mid 90's. I had only flown Southwest once before from GEG to SEA and hadn't really encountered their different culture.

As we touched down in BOI the FA came over the loud speaker and said simply said "We're here" - that was it. No "Ladies and gentlemen blah blah blah". I found it to be quite refreshing.

On the way to the terminal she added "Everybody sit down until we stop moving - don't make me come back there!"

EyeSky  Insane

ATL Traveller

Sat Apr 28, 2001 12:11 am

This really isn't an announcement, but I was on a Southwest flight once where the flight attendants were asking trivia questions over the PA. If you knew the answer you would hit the flight attendant call button to win prizes and certificates. It was funny to hear all those things go off at once.

ngr

BlueJet

Sat Apr 28, 2001 3:50 am

We were at La Romana International.
-NGR  Smile

VASI

Life Vest

Sat Apr 28, 2001 4:31 am

Hello!

On a domestic LH flight from Frankfurt to Stuttgart the flight attendant began to explain the emergency exits and the life vests. When she explained who to use the vests most of the passengers were laughing loudly. The attendant became confused and tried to continue, but then the captains voice occured on the speakers, laughing too, then he said that we would make a detour to N.Y. and back so we would have a little chance of using them.

For explanation: A Frankfurt-Stuttgart trip takes about 20 minutes and you don´t even cross a lake or sea, only a small river. Top flight level is max. 130

VASI

JetService

Sat Apr 28, 2001 6:22 am

I read this one somewhere..

"..in the event of a water-landing, your seat cushion may be used as a toilet."
"Shaddap you!"

EGGD

Sat Apr 28, 2001 7:34 am

Hey, i've neer flown on WN, they sound great Big grin.

Not really heard that many, an f/a on a Qantas Airlink had all faulty equipment to show us how to use the life vest and seatbelts, everyone was laughing at her trying to fix them but in the end she just gave up and said "Damn it, you probably wouldn't survive the crash anyway...".

Also, on an easyjet flight, a former BA f/a was onboard. She said through the PA just after Takeoff "There will be a selection of small snacks available on board....oh wait, no there won't" before correcting herself by saying "Small snacks will be available to buy a little later".

hehehe, keep em coming. EGGD Big grin

vambridge

Sat Apr 28, 2001 7:38 am

This one is one I read somewhere.
On an unknown flight a passenger gave a bag of frozen crabs to a flight attendant to keep for him. When they arrived at their destination she made the following announcement," whould the gentleman who gave me the crabs in Darwin please identify himself..."

United_fan

Sat Apr 28, 2001 8:02 am

My favorite is one that happens alot .
"Please read the safety guide in the seatback in front of you,It outlines the safety features of this AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA??????????????319.Yes,A319."
I was tempted to yell out 319!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott Smile
Champagne For My Real Friends,and Real Pain For My Sham Friends

Marcus

Sat Apr 28, 2001 8:07 am

Once on SW the f/a said "In case of a water landing, the person next to you can be used as a flotation device"
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

Julien.M

Sat Apr 28, 2001 8:09 am

On an AF flight from CDG to YYZ (747) the FA explained through the PA that is was stricly forbidden to smoke even in the toilet! and she added: "To destroy the toilet anti-smoke system is also forbidden!"
After some hours of flight I understood what she meant. The toilet was realy stincking and the alert system was...destroyed!
It seems to be always like that on that longhaul trip!  Smokin cool

QANTAS747-438

Sat Apr 28, 2001 8:20 am

I was on a TWA flight and the steuardess told us after landing, "Thank you for flying TWA. We enjoy hearing how we can better serve you in the future. However, if you did not enjoy the flight, please remember that silence is golden. Thank you."
My posts/replies are strictly my opinion and not that of any company, organization, or Southwest Airlines.