Carioca Canuck
Topic Author

Air Canada Changing To A340 On Route To GRU/EZE

Wed May 02, 2001 12:21 pm

I just returned from Rio again. When transiting thru Sao Paulo I had the opportunity for lenghty chat some of the AC aircrew.

They told me that the 767-300ER is being replaced by the A340 on this 11 hour route effective July 5.  Smile  Smile

Among other things.........I'll get around to posting a trip report this week. It was an interesting flight from two different perspectives....I flew there in Y and returned in J.

Rafabozzolla

RE: Air Canada Changing To A340 On Route To GRU/EZE

Wed May 02, 2001 12:29 pm

Well it will be nice to see the airbus at GRU, but it is funny how these alliances work. RG just got authority to YYZ and, instead of cooperating in the route AC, turns to a larger aircraft!

Go figure.

Wed May 02, 2001 3:55 pm

I think AC upgrades from 767 to 340 is because they might code-share with VARIG. When VARIG starts YYZ flight, I think AC put its code on RG's flight as well.

Seems like AC is upgrading their international flight. They're upgrading from 340 to 744 for Osaka flight.

dellatorre

Wed May 02, 2001 11:15 pm

In Star Alliance time table they don´t have that!
Are you sure??? Maybe it´s not official yet.

C-GRYK

Varig To Yyz?

Wed May 02, 2001 11:17 pm

When is this planned for? I know Varig wants to license that VASP still has to fly between Brazil and Canada, but I'm sure they have not announced anything yet save for their intentions to pursue that license a few months ago.

Jeremy
Think before you type!

Neo

C-GRYK

Thu May 03, 2001 1:26 am

VARIG has already the approval for this route, thy got it a few months ago. RG definetly wants to take over VASP flight on this one. Well, in my opinion they are just waiting for the arrival of the new 777, so so MD-11 will be available for this route.

Remeber that VASP used to fly this route with a stop in JFK, but in VARIG's case i don't think that will happen.

Best Regards
Neo

C-GRYK

Neo

Thu May 03, 2001 1:53 am

Thanks for the info, when do you figure they will announce the service? Good to hear they are actually looking forward to flying here, hopefully we can see some of the nice Varig aircraft here in YYZ and hopefully the Brazilian community will have more choice rather than just Air Canada/Canadian.

Jeremy
Think before you type!

Neo

RE: C-GRYK

Thu May 03, 2001 4:29 am

Probably, some time after the 777's arrive, which will be on Dec01. I think they will launch this service only in the beginning of 2002.

Neo

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos