EGGD
Topic Author

Thought On Electrical Quipment On T/o And Landing

Fri May 04, 2001 4:48 am

While in deep thought today, something unusual came across my mind, i hope some can clear this up for me:

Every time i fly i here the f/a's announcing that you cannot use electrical equipment during takeoff and a period afterwards, and on Landing and 20 minutes before.

Well, has anyone seen that film by a guy on a TACA B767 that crashed a couple of years ago. That was taken on a video camera while landing, surely that is classed as a piece of electrical equipment???? Did this guy get into trouble over it, is it only some airlines that tell you not to use electrical equipment on flights???? I really don't undersatand!!  Confused

Any help, Suggestions or comments appreciated, EGGD

RIX

RE: Thought On Electrical Quipment On T/o And Landing

Fri May 04, 2001 5:12 am

Well, AFAIK, it's electronic, not any electrical... it's not a big problem if one or two or maybe 5 camcorders work during take-off or landing, but it is a problem if 50 or 100. So if one video camera was used and nobody saw it, it's OK for both safety and the guy who used it...

philb

RE: Thought On Electrical Quipment On T/o And Landing

Fri May 04, 2001 7:56 am

Have a look at the thread on the photographic forum about using digital cameras on board.