SInGAPORE_AIR

Rumour: Cathay Pacific Pilots To Strike!

Sat May 05, 2001 2:04 am

"Cathay pilots are planning massive industrial action to protest against the unending and malicious attacks against them by management. The latest 'Absence Management' program is a thinly designed threat to cripple and hinder our careers, and is a direct threat to Flight Safety, and endangers the travelling public in a real and material way. It is a step too far. The policies and tactics of CX management represent the leading edge of the movement to devalue the worth and career prospects for ALL aircrew worldwide. Other managements are watching closely how succesfull these policies will be. We have had enough, and cannot sit by any longer and watch our careers destroyed. Hopefully we will have the support of our colleagues at other carriers through this upcoming difficult time. "

---
I'm not too sure. Would you trust this? I wouldn't really however it would be very interesting if the strike was executed
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

hkgspotter1

RE: Rumour: Cathay Pacific Pilots To Strike!

Sat May 05, 2001 8:30 pm

Tell me something new !!

SInGAPORE_AIR

RE: Rumour: Cathay Pacific Pilots To Strike!

Sat May 05, 2001 10:42 pm

I think there is a lot of unrest at SIA and CXA flight crew operations. It's quite obvuious that these two airlines need to buck up on pay (SIA) and conditions (CXA and maybe SIA)
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.