AN727
Topic Author

Ansett New Ad

Sun May 06, 2001 12:06 pm

Can anyone name everyone in Ansett's new Ad?
Could they squeze anymore famous Australians in?
I wonder who flys Qantas?

For me
"I am I with Ansett?"
"Absolutely!"

Brad
AN727

Air Taiwan

RE: Ansett New Ad

Sun May 06, 2001 12:18 pm

it can be viewed at http://www.ansett.com.au

It's a good ad!!

Rgds
Jimmy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

trentis

Sun May 06, 2001 12:29 pm

I haven't seen Ansett's new ad on tv yet, but I saw it through their website, and I like it. I think that having all these looked-up-to personalities saying that they fly Ansett will entice others to either start flying with them again (after the incidents over Easter) and encourage them to choose AN over QF and DJ. I also like the fact that the ad is promoting the Ansett product. Don't get me wrong, the QF ads were great for patriotism during the Olympics, but they only promote the destinations Qantas serves, not QF itself. I see that QF has started showing its ads again. At the moment I prefer AN's campaign.

I also just read an article from The Australian about CASA mishandling its publicity about Ansett. I'm glad that they've finally admitted that they have done Ansett damage which should have been avoided. I hope that AN gets compensated some way for it and that the new campaign will win passengers back.

Absolutely.

Bove

Sun May 06, 2001 12:32 pm

Who were some of these "famous Australians" in the commercial for those of us outside Dunnunda?

Nice spot, but will get annoying fairly quickly.

Air Taiwan

Sun May 06, 2001 5:13 pm

From the Ansett website...

"....supported by a strong list of celebrities and public figures who have added their absolute endorsement to Ansett's relaunch, led by former Australian cricket captain Mark Taylor, who jointly officiated at today's event."

"Others to be featured in various phases of the new print and television campaign include Dawn Fraser, Michael Klim, Lee Kernaghan, Rex Hunt, Bert Newton, Jesse Martin, John Bertrand, Bryce Courtenay, Brett Lee, Michael Slater, Rod McGeoch, Nathan Buckley, Paul Kelly, Matthew Nicks, Adam Goodes, Jude Bollan, Leo Schofield, Tania Zaetta, Ita Buttrose, Col Joye, Bernard King, Bob Mansfield, Fiona Coote, Jackie O, Justin Hemmes, Sophie Falkiner, Karin Upton Baker, Diana Fisher, Linda Jackson, Peter Morrissey, Madeline West, Akira Isogawa, Philip Brady, Daniel McPherson, Wayne Cooper and Charlie Brown."

Rgds
Jimmy

MEA

Sun May 06, 2001 5:41 pm

Where's Dunnunda?  Acting devilish

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos