englandair

How Are Euroceltic Airways Doing?

Mon May 07, 2001 1:35 am

I know they've only been flying a couple of months, but I was wondering how well this British start-up's going. I read on Pprune that they were receiving 50% full flights in their first month of operation, but how have loads been going since then?

Recently I read that there were financial problems at Waterford Airport (their only destination), and that because of this the airport may close down. Is that true and what would Euroceltic do if such a thing happened?

Is it likely that they'll try and open up other routes from LTN, and if so would they aquire more fokkers, or just use the one they charter out?

Does anyone know if they plan to replace the Fokkers as soon as it's feasible and does it cost Euroceltic alot to maintain such old aircraft?

I know they're only just up and running, but what do you expect for their future?

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Colin Abbott

Cheers,
Jamie.

englandair

RE: How Are Euroceltic Airways Doing?

Mon May 07, 2001 6:55 am

Also, does anyone know how old the two F-27s (G-ECAT & G-ECAH) are, and what 5Q's callsign is?

Thanks again.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos