gf-a330

Karachi Airport - Why No Pics On A.net?

Mon May 07, 2001 7:54 pm

Why are there no pics on A.net of Karachi Airport or any other airport in Pakistan. Et al Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar ?

I mean is it cos, the airport doesn't allow photographers?

Or is it cos it doesn't interest anyone ?

Pe@rson

RE: Karachi Airport - Why No Pics On A.net?

Mon May 07, 2001 8:55 pm

Pakistan is, like India and the majority of such countries, incredibly sensitive when it comes to photography and spotting. Generally speaking, airports within such countries are occupied by both civil and military aircraft. Hence, abnormal sensitivity is present. It would be very foolish to attempt to spot or photograph in Pakistan, India and most other countries in the area!
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

airmale

Mon May 07, 2001 9:17 pm

The approach at ISB is right next to my Uncles house and over a village (behing the Unity, Faith & Discipline hill) to which anyone can have easy access so it makes a great spot for photography, but ofcourse apron wise your not allowed to carry cameras let alone take pictures at any Pakistani airport Smile
.....up there with the best!

khi747

Tue May 08, 2001 8:24 am

Well at KHI airport there is ofcourse no military presence..... the military base beiing entirely separate. But GF-A330 just like airports in Saudi Arabia(im sure you are aware of that) photography is prohibited in Pakistan. The reason being national security!

MoeKha786

Tue May 08, 2001 8:33 am

Actually I just went to KHI two years ago and managed to take a few pics, I don't have a scanner so I don't think I can put them up, plus I can't find them. But the new terminal is one of the most unique I've ever seen, very pretty, and the gate configuration is also a nice work of architecture, I don't see why the government would want to hide it.