wannabe

Alitalia Cockpit Visit

Tue May 08, 2001 6:02 am

I am flying from JFK to FCO (Rome) next week on Alitalia and would like to know if there is any particular protocol to follow in requesting a cockpit visit during the flight. I hardly ever fly non-US carriers, so I'd like to take advantage of the situation. If anyone has any information, I'd appreciate it.

apuneger

RE: Alitalia Cockpit Visit

Tue May 08, 2001 6:59 am

I read somewhere that cockpit visits on flights in the US are prohibited. I don't know if that's right, looking at the amount of flightdeck pics here at A.Net.

But, when it comes to European carriers, I don't think there should be any problem on your transatlantic flight, although I never visited the flightdeck during my flights. I only saw it from my seat, or on my way to the lavatory.

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

RE: Alitalia Cockpit Visit

Tue May 08, 2001 10:24 am

You will not have any problems, I am sure. Last time I flew Alitalia was in 1998 and I was flying from JFK-MXP on an Alitalia 767 and I was allowed to visit the cockpit. When I asked, we were still near the Canadian coastline, however the pilots relayed a message to the flight attendant that I could visit the cockpit after we had started the transatlantic crossing. Also, I was allowed to visit the cockpit of an Alitalia A321 while we were parked at the gate. Finally, I was allowed to visit the cockpit of an Alitalia MD-80 while descending into FCO on a flight from Palermo, Sicily (PMO)...very interesting. Therefore, I doubt you will have any trouble visiting. Enjoy your flight with Alitalia.
United747-400