wannabe

Alitalia Cockpit Visit

Tue May 08, 2001 6:02 am

I am flying from JFK to FCO (Rome) next week on Alitalia and would like to know if there is any particular protocol to follow in requesting a cockpit visit during the flight. I hardly ever fly non-US carriers, so I'd like to take advantage of the situation. If anyone has any information, I'd appreciate it.

apuneger

RE: Alitalia Cockpit Visit

Tue May 08, 2001 6:59 am

I read somewhere that cockpit visits on flights in the US are prohibited. I don't know if that's right, looking at the amount of flightdeck pics here at A.Net.

But, when it comes to European carriers, I don't think there should be any problem on your transatlantic flight, although I never visited the flightdeck during my flights. I only saw it from my seat, or on my way to the lavatory.

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

RE: Alitalia Cockpit Visit

Tue May 08, 2001 10:24 am

You will not have any problems, I am sure. Last time I flew Alitalia was in 1998 and I was flying from JFK-MXP on an Alitalia 767 and I was allowed to visit the cockpit. When I asked, we were still near the Canadian coastline, however the pilots relayed a message to the flight attendant that I could visit the cockpit after we had started the transatlantic crossing. Also, I was allowed to visit the cockpit of an Alitalia A321 while we were parked at the gate. Finally, I was allowed to visit the cockpit of an Alitalia MD-80 while descending into FCO on a flight from Palermo, Sicily (PMO)...very interesting. Therefore, I doubt you will have any trouble visiting. Enjoy your flight with Alitalia.
United747-400

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos