gf-a330

Islamabad Airport - ANY Good?

Thu May 10, 2001 2:57 am

COULD SOMEONE INFORM ME TO WHAT ISB AIRPORT IS LIKE.

IS IT NICE AND MODERN LIKE LONDON HEATHROW. I HEARD IT WAS BETTER THAN HEATHROW.

IS THIS TRUE, PLEASE CONFIRM.

gf-a330

RE: Islamabad Airport - ANY Good?

Thu May 10, 2001 3:06 am

can anyone help me

Thu May 10, 2001 3:30 am

I was there when we were going to Toronto in 1998. It seemed to be ordinary with limited apron lighting. Maybe It is better.

airmale

Thu May 10, 2001 5:02 pm

MODERN AND NICE??? BETTER THAN LHR?? some one has really fooled you, yes the departure lounge has been spruced up but Heathrow it is definitely not, infact it is one of the most shabby airports in the country, quite disgraceful considering its serving the Capital city and all Govt. officials, Foreign dignitaries and Diplomats have to use it, what a first impression, though Islamabad itself is really beautiful and well organised, I also wonder why isnt it called the Islamabad/Rawalpindi International airport considering its serving the twin cities and that Rawalpindi existed much before Islamabad came into being so the airport was actually serving Rawalpindi all along, they should rename it to give due respect to the latter, all my mails to the editor of DAWN on the subject have never been printed, I wonder why? or they should name it after some national icon so it will be neutral and not associated with just one city, for example Liaquat Ali Khan International Airport Islamabad/Rawalpindi, while Lahore's airport should be named Allama Iqbal International Airport  Sad
.....up there with the best!