apuneger

Boeing To Chicago- What With Seattle?

Fri May 11, 2001 4:48 am

Tody I read on this forum that Boeing is moving its corporate HQ from Seattle to Chicago.

I wonder what will happen to Seattle. Whenever somebody says 'Seattle', they say 'Boeing', right?

To me, Seattle is, and will always be the aviation capital of the world, where aviation history was made. It doesn't matter where they are moving their Corporate HQ to. To be honest, I even sort of disrespect Boeing for this move! Luckily some of the Boeing factory plants remain in the vicinity of Seattle!

What's your opinion:

Do you think aviation enthousiasts will eventually loose interest in Seattle?

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

rominato

RE: Boeing To Chicago- What With Seattle?

Fri May 11, 2001 5:40 am

Why Seattle? Becasue of one company? It could be argued that Southern California is the aviation capital of the world considering the history with many different men, companies, and projects... Seattle had one company... what else justifies it as the aviation capital of the world?

N400QX

Fri May 11, 2001 8:28 am

I agree- with Boeing and all, Seattle may well be the aviation capital of the world. But just because corporate HQ has decided to relocate doesn't mean anyone connected to aviation will lose interest in Seattle. We will still have the two assembly plants, the space/military facilities, parts facilities- everything.

I, too, have lost any ounce of respect I had left for Condit (long story), and suspect, as do the hundreds of thousands of Boeing employees in Seattle, that this is merely a ploy to get further away from the workers themselves. This isn't about taxes. This isn't about living conditions. This isn't about anything they said it is about.

Hopefully the Boeing corporate brass won't leave Commercial Airplanes CEO Alan Mullaly to be the pinata, if you will, for the Seattle area. I think he is a good man with great visions for Boeing Commercial Airplanes Group.

A sad day in Seattle.

>Whenever somebody says 'Seattle', they say 'Boeing', right?

Well, we've still got COFFEE! We are still the coffee capital of the world...

MoeKha786

Fri May 11, 2001 12:43 pm

Seattle's weak