CactusA319
Topic Author

Puerto Rico Airlines

Wed May 16, 2001 8:14 am

I heard that Planet Airways is hiring pilots for Puerto Rico Airlines, which is to be based out of BQN (Aguadilla, PR) and is looking to start ops. July 1st. I assume these flights will be operated by Planet aircraft in their colors. Anyone have more info. on that?

On a related note, what airlines fly from the San Juan or Fajardo area to Vieques and what are the avg. fares and types of a/c used? I can't really find much info. about them on the web.

Thanks,
CactusA319

LatinPlane

RE: Puerto Rico Airlines

Wed May 16, 2001 11:00 am

It's about time that an airline establishes itself as the flag carrier of Puerto Rico. It's the only American territory with no national airline of it's own. Or is American the national airline of Puerto Rico? The other states/territories have their own flags in the sky. Hawaiian, Alaska Airlines, Continental Micronesia.

Best regards,
A. Diaz
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

chepos

RE: Puerto Rico Airlines

Wed May 16, 2001 11:21 am

Hey Cactus
It is about time that Puerto Rico has its own airline. We must depend on other airlines. Anyway in the local media or anywere else have I heard info on Puerto Rico Airways so if they start operations on July 1st they better start some type of advetisement or something. The question about Vieques : Flameco Airways, Vieques Airlinek and the revirth of Prinair operate into La Isla Nena. AAeagle is planning to start flying soon. Flameco and Vieques Air Link boith use the Britten Norman BN-2 Islander and the Britten Norman Pilattus BN-2A Mk3 Trislander. Prinair uses the Cessna 402.
Adios
Chepos
Puerto Rico
Fly the Flag!!!!