Flights To Central Asia: A Booming Market?

Fri May 18, 2001 7:22 am

As you all know, there are not many airlines flying into Central Asia region. Do you people really think will this market(flights into Central Asia) begins to booming? Like more airlines launching flight to this region.

I think this market will begin booming, because not many tourist and business people travels to this region. So I guess, there might be a demand for flights into central Asia, because it will become another new tourist destinations and new markets for doing business.

Any comments?

airmale

RE: Flights To Central Asia: A Booming Market?

Fri May 18, 2001 7:38 pm

Maybe in the next ten years so far PIA have pulled out of Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan, British airways have replaced the 777 with the 767 on their Kazakhstan route, and handed over Azerbaijan to British Meditteranean, i had heard KLM were not fairing to well on their Kazakhstan flights and were considering axing it also Emirates pulled out of Azerbaijan the only airlines that seem to be doing well on the route are Turkish and Lufthansa Smile
.....up there with the best!

christianbothe

Fri May 18, 2001 8:15 pm

Central Asia is just at the beginning of selling its rich oil resources. The oil that is in Central Asia (especially Azerbaijan and Kazakstan) is comparable to the oil in the Gulf region in amount and accessibility. Baku already is some kind of boom town, and in Kazakstan the focus is on Atyrau. US companies are already building oil pipelines from the Caspian Sea to the Black Sea. Scientists think that the oil sources in Central Asia will still be worth exploiting when the oil in the Gulf region is getting rare. It could be that then Central Asia is what the Gulf is today.
That's why I expect more flights to these destinations, also from the United States.
We in Germany have quite a number of flights to Kazakstan, but that has nothing to do with this, it's because of ethnic Germans living there or having lived there.

Smile/happy/getting dizzy christian

gardermoen

Fri May 18, 2001 9:55 pm

According to a friend who is a BA steward, the loads to Almaty, Kazakhstan are very low. One of the flgihts he did there last week had about 30 people on board(probably was a 767 or 777)

777-500er

Fri May 18, 2001 11:45 pm

Central Asia is a 0% tourist market and only a few people travel there for work.

Michael SFO
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy

madhatter

Sat May 19, 2001 12:43 am

I expect that once British Mediterranean get their 2 A321s that the LGW-Almaty 3 x week BA 763 service will be swapped to 3 x week BA* A321 from LHr. The Baku service used to be 3 x week 763 from LGW and is now through British Mediterranean 6 x week A320 so I would hardly say that BA arent doing well on the route. To swap it to LHR must say its doing well in the first place.

GOT

Sat May 19, 2001 1:34 am

I think that the market might begin to grow but it will not boom.

GOT
Just like birdwatching - without having to be so damned quiet!

Sat May 19, 2001 5:40 am

Well, 0% of tourist market in central asia? Then I think there will be really lots of opportunities for people to discover this market (or region).

BUT, any one predicting that when will this market begins to grow? The next decade?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos