TWA717_200
Topic Author

Your Favorite Piece Of Airline Memorabilia?

Mon May 21, 2001 11:07 am

Disclaimer for would be attackers and airliners.net vigilantes:

I see that this topic was done a couple of years ago, but I'm doing it again anyway. So no "this topic was done 2 years ago, you idiot" replies are needed. Thanks in advance. (Meant to be both functional and humorous).  Smile

Topic:

I was going through my "junk" drawer today and found my TWA Aviators Elite 1 card. I thought I had lost this so I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have it. From 1996 to 1999 I flew TWA at least biweekly, but a change of careers put an end to my traveling.

Thanks to Ebay, I've amassed quite a collection of TWA items the past few months. My Boeing issued TWA 717 poster was my favorite until today.

Anywho, share your stories folks.

Thanks,

TWA717_200

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © AirNikon

watewate

RE: Your Favorite Piece Of Airline Memorabilia?

Mon May 21, 2001 11:23 am

My favorite memorabilias are boarding passes from last August. What made them special is that I travelled on 4 different airlines in one single day in one time zone. 3 connections and 4 segments and 5 different airports in a day can't be beaten. It was a picture perfect day except for the delays.
Don't ask me why I took that many flights- I had to accompany other people and I ended up with the messy itinerary.

highflyer16

Mon May 21, 2001 12:10 pm

My most precious pieces of airline memorabilia are these:
1) Two TWA ticket folders from the first flight I ever took, to Kansas City from St.Louis in 1964 at age 5. They have the familiar twin globe logo, and TWA's early jet-age slogan "Nationwide, Worldwide, Depend on TWA".

2) Eastern Airlines ticket folders and system timetable that I got the day our family moved from St.Louis to New York in 1967. Flying into JFK that day and seeing all those planes was what made me an aviation enthusiast for life.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

I plan to write about that trip in "trip reports" soon.

747buff

Mon May 21, 2001 12:38 pm

My favorite memorabilias are timetables, especially from defunct airlines.
At Eastern, we earn our wings every day!

Squigee

Mon May 21, 2001 1:42 pm

Although they aren't really airline memorabilia, I got a bunch of stickers from a friend of mine. They are the circular stickers with the cartoon planes on them- he gave me ones for the 717 all the way up to the 777. Every commercial plane Boeing made (apart from the 707 and BBJ). They cover my flight binder- it looks really neat!

Squigee

Someday, we'll look back at this, laugh nervously, and then change the subject.