C-FDND, Last Of The Original Canadi>n Livery?

Wed May 23, 2001 12:40 pm

This long weekend I took some pretty good pics of this Dash8-100 here at my local airport. Does anybody know if this is the only Dash-8 still wearing the origninal colours?

Realated to this plane I have a pretty cool story I'd like to share. There were 4 Bae Hawk RCAF jets parked near the terminal this weakend and the airport opened the gates to the public(for people to look at them)around the same time that the dash-8 came in. So here I am checking out these jets and C-FDND comes in an parks about 100 feet from the jets. Naturaly I started taking advantage of the situation and began taking pictures. Then I notice the captain is out of the plane looking at the jets. This was too much. I decided to walk up to him and ask for a cockpit visit. To my suprise he happily agreed and let me in to take pics(he even asked the FO to leave while I take the pics!). If this wasn't enough Air Force 2(757) came in a couple hours later to pick up the vice president from a heli-skiing trip. Luckly I had a few exposures left and took some pics of that. First 757 to the airport in history and its Air Force 2!........Best weekend in my life?....YOU BET!

Buff

RE: C-FDND, Last Of The Original Canadi>n Livery?

Wed May 23, 2001 1:44 pm

C-FDND started its life as an Air Atlantic Dash 8. Its lease was terminated by AAL sometime around 1993 and picked up by Canadi>n Regional Airlines, along with quite a few other tail's. That was the beginning of the end for Air Atlantic!

Best Regards,

Buff

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos