TonyBurr
Topic Author

Thai Airways - F And C

Thu May 24, 2001 12:48 am

Has anyone flown Thai in First or Business? How was it? I have heard that the seats are old and worn. Service is good, but the aricraft are old and not that updated in F and C.

What has been your experience?

JAL

RE: Thai Airways - F And C

Thu May 24, 2001 1:34 am

They're not as great as JAL, CX or SIA but they're inflight service are good.
Work Hard But Play Harder

TurbineBeaver

Thu May 24, 2001 2:02 am

Their Business in terms of service, food, etc. is probably the best in the "business" (no pun intended!!!). But unfortunatley, their seats are WAY outdated, and the IFE could be improved on.!!

TB

Thu May 24, 2001 5:57 am

what is all this nonsense apout THAI being outdated?!

terminalc

Thu May 24, 2001 11:06 am

If you are flying ona 744, they have 2 configurations. The newer ones are used mostly on European routes. They have PTV & reasonably competitve F & C seats & seat pitch: 180degree recline & 85" pitch in F (or P) and 50" pitch w/full legrest in C (or J).

The older ones, definitely flown to LAX, have no PTV (though they have video walkmans for use), comfortable F seats and awful C seats. EVA Deluxe class, which is significantly cheaper, has better seats than the older TG C seats. And EVA has PTV.

Their inflight service is usually very fine. I have no complaints here. I flew TG LAX-BKK-SGN 5 or 6x /yr until this year. They have great discounts; you can fly business class for quite a reasonable fare. But their meager FF program & seating convinced me to stop flying them across the Pacific last August.

I think this a real shame. They have so much potential.

Cathay Pacific

Thu May 24, 2001 11:42 am

will they up-date their seats in the near future???? seems a bit silly not to as their competitors (CX, SQ etc) are are trying to provide better comfort (entertainment system) to their pax........

Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Cathay Pacific....Same Team, Same Dream  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy Smile/happy/getting dizzy
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

terminalc

Thu May 24, 2001 9:19 pm

A couple of years ago, a Thai rep told me that they intended to upgrade their older 744s. It never happened. If you review the press releases on their site, seat upgrades are mentioned several times. I believe that their 773s are now being upgraded.

Curiously, a recent press release states their goal to be one of the top 3 airlines in the world. An ambitious goal.