Ah my turn
Greg: How did I know you would post something in this???
Of course, everyone is entitled to their own view. However, may I point out some things in this argument.
1) There is more than one side to the argument. It's not only the flight crew
2) The lights on the taxiway were "inadequate" and were "below international standards" (Dr. Yong Kay (or is it Kay Yong???)). Therefore, the captain MAY (not did or didn't. MAY) have missed the first exit to runway 5L. Instead, he MAY have thought that the first exit he saw was 5R's instead of 5Ls
3) Weather: This is subjec is void
3) Mechanical faliure: This subject is void
4) Crew Factors: The biggest mistake the crew made (or more the Captain), was not using PVD. However this is a complicated fact. CKS Airport, whether you like it or not is a category 2 (not 3; 2) tehrefore PVD is not needed for takeoff in any sort of weather. HOWEVER, the co-pilot did decide to use it and it didn't work. Why?! Because 5R don't have PVD. However, the plane was not at a 45 degree angle and PVD wouldn't have worked anyway. The Captain couldn't have cared less as it wasn't a requirement, and therfore said "We can see the runway OK". It took off
5) ATC: They didn't look out the window for the SIA6 flight, and therefore didn't know where it was. It could have been in a ditch. They should have looked at where the planes were going. They do that at LHR!
5) CAL pilots: No blame on them. However, they could have (not SHOULD have; could have), called ATC and SIA6 to tell them that the plane was on the wrong runway.
6) Singapore Airlines: The report voids SIA at fault ( in the sense that you know about.)
7) International Regulations: I think that all airports must have a ground radar. They MUST. This must never happen again.
Singapore Airlines is resting the crew. I think they're doing ground duties while they "recover". They are on full pay.
SIA is being sued by 80+ victims and crew. I think hear hear up to a point. I think USD$2 000 000 per victim deceased and USD $750 000 per victim injured is sufficient financially.
That is my views so far. I hope I've made them clear enough and have used language that you can all understand. If you've just scanned this, then read it thoroughly. You'll miss some points that you'll probably accuse me of.
Well then! Look hear. My flaming cometh!
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.