Doesn't it seem as if within the past year or so more major events occurred in aviation and the airline industry than during any other time period?
A quick run-down of what has happened during that time period that is not in order of when they occurred:
- First Airbus FBW widebody operated by a U.S. airline enters service
- The long-awaited launch and renaming of the A3XX finally occurs
- NW finally decides on DC-10 replacements which many people on this forum were crying for and/or asking about
- Prototype 739 rolls off assembly line and quite a bit later, first 739 gets delivered to customer
- 764 enters service
- Roll-out and first flight of first stretched and modernized A340 (A346)
- First A321 operated by a U.S.-based airline enters service
- Frontier gets their first Airbus
Hopefully within the next year, as many significant events will occur!