Alitalia Ops At Napoli

Tue May 29, 2001 5:28 am

Can anybody please tell me which destinations Alitalia serves from Napoli airport ? Is there a lot of international traffic or is it mainly domestic traffic ?
Thanks for your help.

B737-700

Ndebele

RE: Alitalia Ops At Napoli

Tue May 29, 2001 7:19 am

I've been to Naples ~5 years ago. I saw, of course, many AZ ATRs, MD-80 and DC-9s (today probably some 320s instead), and it seems I got the UK-day, with BA 734s, Airtours 320, Air 2000 752, ... and I even saw a Binter Canarias ATR 72, no idea if that was scheduled or training or maintenance.

But be careful! When I was there for spotting, I got arrested for about 2 hours! Probably spotting is not quite common in southern Italy, or these cops just wanted to have some fun arresting me. It was a strange situation, because they only spoke Italian (which I don't understand), no English, no German, no French speaking person on the whole police station. They finally found a check-in-agent who spoke a *little* bit of English and tried to translate. Well, about 2 hours later, they obviously got tired of that game, or maybe their shift was over, they told me I could go now. I spent the rest of the day taking photos, and even if policemen crossed my way, nobody took care about me.
Strange, isn't it?  Confused