caetravlr

Boeing's Everett, WA Factory Tours

Thu May 31, 2001 9:51 pm

Hi all,

I was just curious, has anyone been on Boeings factory tour in Everett, WA. I have to go to SEA for business in a few weeks, and I am trying to work a trip to that factory in. I was wondering two things... 1.) Is it worth it? and 2.) How far is it from SEA airport, I know it is on the other side of the city, but I have to pick someone up at the airport on Monday morning, and was wondering if I would be able to schedule that if I take the first tour in the morning, and he doesn't get in until 11:44.

The other thing I want to know is, isn't there a museum of flight of Boeing's somewhere in the SEA area? Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,
CAETravlr
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

Al

RE: Boeing's Everett, WA Factory Tours

Thu May 31, 2001 10:15 pm

The Everett tour is worth it if you're "into" the biz - it doesn't really get too far into the whole complex, but you will see a video presentation followed by a visit to the gantrys above the 747 line and then a bus trip out to the delivery line. If you're *really* into the biz, you may be disappointed as it's not enough for you!! Everett itself is a fair way out of Seattle to the North and is a good drive from Downtown, let alone SeaTac. The Museum of Flight is basically just out of downtown at Boeing Field and is worth a look. If all the spare time you have is that morning before you pick up your friend, then I'd hesiate to suggest that the Museum of Flight is a far better option time wise.
Cheers/Regards. Al.

lewis

Thu May 31, 2001 10:24 pm

Do you get to take pictures freely and see a lot of aircraft?

aog

Thu May 31, 2001 10:44 pm

Interesting topic.I have also some questions.Did someone has any links to a internetpage for the Boeing factory tour?I havent seen any infos on the boeing.com page.Is the tour also open to non us-citicens and is a reservation necessary?Any infos are very appreciate.
Brgds AOG

tim

Thu May 31, 2001 10:46 pm

I did the tour in April 1999. No photos were allowed! :-(

Tim
Perth, Australia

caetravlr

Thu May 31, 2001 11:23 pm

Hi AOG,

The web page address is http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices/aboutus/tours/

Or, you can go to www.boeing.com, and select "About Boeing" from the drop down menu, and then click on the Everett, WA tours.

There are no cameras allowed, and I guess I understand that. I really do want to do it, my whole thing is the logistics of it all. Oh well, hopefully I will get it all worked out. I want to do the plant tour and the museum. I could not find anything about the museum though. If anyone has a link to that information, I would love it!
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

Fri Jun 01, 2001 1:17 am

I beleive this is the link you are needing

http://www.museumofflight.org/

United_fan

Fri Jun 01, 2001 10:24 am

I went on the tour in October '00. It was very cool! It is open to anyone-no matter thier home country. I think it cost $5. There are no pictures allowed on the tour,but I snuck a pic of a Polar 747F on its first flight.
There is also a gift store near the tour center.
At the Museum of Flight,at Boeing Field,you can get real close to 747 #1 - which is parked near the field.
Champagne For My Real Friends,and Real Pain For My Sham Friends

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos