ryanb741

BA Code-shares With Aeroflot

Fri Jun 01, 2001 6:57 am

I was looking through BA's timetable and I noticed that on some flights to Moscow the code is (SU...) which is Aeroflot. Is it true BA codeshare with Aeroflot, as it's not listed as being one of their strategic alliance partners? I have also noticed codeshares with Vietnam Airlines also. Anybody out there know anything about this?
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?

RE: BA Code-shares With Aeroflot

Fri Jun 01, 2001 9:37 pm

The BA timetable lists the times of other operators on the route even when they are not codeshare partners.

ryanb741

RE: BA Code-shares With Aeroflot

Fri Jun 01, 2001 11:36 pm

Are you sure? I mean, why would they list just Aeroflot and Vietnam Airlines, and then not list all the other airlines operating on the same routes as BA? There must be some reason why BA would want to publicise an Aeroflot flight in its own timetable. Interestingly, the LGW-SVO flights are operated by Tupolev's. Imagine that, a BA affiliated flight on a Soviet A/C!
I used to think the brain is the most fascinating part of my body. But, hey, who is telling me that?