Jean Leloup
Topic Author

Where To Sit In A 732?

Sat Jun 02, 2001 9:54 am

Sorry I know this will seem like a trivial question and I hope I am not annoying the forum police who do not tolerate questions like this... but, for those of you who are willing to advise me... here goes:

I am flying in a few weeks on a 737-200 and I'm pretty excited because I guess chances are it will not only be my first but also my last time on these classics. So I am wondering where to sit to maximize the experience. I want a window seat because I love a good view, but since I also hear good things about the noise the JT8D engines make, i am wondering if I should maybe want to sit behind the wing to hear more.  Smile Anyhow your experience and opinions on the 732 will help me out here. I am flying C3/Canjet and so I think it will be all-economy seating. C3 does not have seating plans for this type on their website, so I would appreciate estimates of ROW number in your replies, too! I'm guessing maybe like row 15 would be good...?

thanks a lot!
Next flight.... who knows.

Jean Leloup
Topic Author

RE: Where To Sit In A 732?

Sat Jun 02, 2001 10:34 am

Nuts

I KNOW a lot of you love the 732... coooome on...!
Next flight.... who knows.

AirCanadaMan

Sat Jun 02, 2001 12:11 pm

Go to this site, it will show you the standard configuration for all first, all cargo, all economy and all mix of all of them.
http://www.firstair.ca/Charters/insert4_b-737-200c.html

Remember the 737 is a small plane, 15 is towards the back with a rear view of the wing, (you can see the thrust reversers)

Hope this helps.

pmk

Sat Jun 02, 2001 12:15 pm

Best seat...let's see...how about in the terminal? Seriously, Just ask for an exit row at check in, they will be able to tell you if it is over the wings (it is).

Peter

IMissPiedmont

Sat Jun 02, 2001 12:34 pm

Used to be I always chose a seat about 5 rows rear of the wing. I love watching flaps, ailerons, reversers and spoilers in action. If that's what you want, sit there. If comfort is more your style, choose the emergency exit row. You will still see most upper wing action, but it really is more comfortable.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

cba

Sat Jun 02, 2001 12:40 pm

Sit in a window 1-5 rows behind the wings. I used to fly DL 732's all the time in these seats. Never a dull flight on the 732.

L-188

Sat Jun 02, 2001 5:22 pm

Definatly aft of the wing. I would recommend about three rows.

especially if you have somebody who is either scared of flying or has never been on an airplane about a row or two in front of you. It is helarious to watch them jump when the buckets and the spoilers deploy after touchdown.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Red Panda

Sat Jun 02, 2001 5:53 pm

1st choice: where the FO sits.

2nd choice: If you have diaherria, the toilet seat would be the best.

Big thumbs up
r panda

philb

Sat Jun 02, 2001 7:51 pm

This goes for all 737s without a first/business class.

If you want a quiet ride with excellent views and some legroom, row 1 window seat on the left hand side can't be beaten (except on one Easyjet aircraft - can't remember which and it has left the fleet now - which had a plexiglass screen in front of the row which made it rather claustrophobic).

Then the first row on the right has the same sort of view but less legroom.

If you want to see the metal move DO NOT opt for the exit rows. The wing cants quite steeply and what you want to see will be behind you - the view that is left is of a big bit of static metal.

Two or three rows behind the wing gives the best view BUT it can be extremely noisy on climb out on the 200, vibration and turbulence is at its worst in that position and the thrust reverse is awesome. Still it all adds to the fun.

Have a great trip.

turbulence

Sat Jun 02, 2001 8:31 pm

Definitely a few rows behind the wing. The emergency exit rows are just in the middle of the wing, and make difficult to see all the wing movements. So have a look at the seat configuration, or ask it so when cheking in.

I've flown about 30 times on 732, and do not mind the noise at all. Inside is not that much (the noisiest moments are take off and thrust reversers), and as noisy as it can be (never so much) a flight on a 732 is hardly longer than 2 1/2 hours, so not a torture. Get seated behind the wings, and enjoy one of the best airnut spectacles.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Nigel O. Prince

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Nigel O. Prince

Best turbulences

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos