Aircanada Questions

Thu Jun 03, 1999 12:27 pm

Hi. I have 4 questions...........

Why is Air Canada replaceing their 747-400s??

And Also Were the Aircanada A319s ever seen in the OLD colors?

Are there any OLD color planes left?

And finaly Where can I find OLD color planes of B767s and A320s/A319s for fs98?

Bush

RE: Aircanada Answers

Thu Jun 03, 1999 12:37 pm

Hey B767. To answer your first question, I think AC is getting rid of their 747-400's because they only operate three of and they are moving towards a more standardized, common fleet. Also, the -400s are combi versions with only 260 seats so the A330 will be more efficient and offer similar capacity. Question 2: no, the A319's were never seen in the old AC colours. Deliveries of those began in 1996 and the new colours were introduced in 1992. And, no, I dont believe there are any old colour planes left. As for your last question, I can't help you there. Hope I've helped you out.

RE: Aircanada Answers

Thu Jun 03, 1999 1:23 pm

Too bad the -400's are going (I heard it from you, so if you're wrong, I don't know about it.) They look superb with Air Canada's livery

RE: Aircanada Questions

Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:25 am

everything bush said was accurate.

i believe though AC is still looking for a buyer on the '400 combis... they no longer serve value to the needs of air canada.

slawko

RE: Aircanada Questions

Fri Jun 04, 1999 6:36 am

I have no Idea why they are replacing the 747's i guess they want type commonality for crew training. No AC319's were not ever seen in the old colours, and flightsim.com has alot of old colour AC's
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

RE: The Answers

Fri Jun 04, 1999 10:15 am

Ok, here we go

1. Air Canada is NOT replacing their 747-400s. That is a future option but no decision
has been made as of yet. They are making money off them strictly for the cargo they
carry, the passengers are just along for the ride. I verified this with Air Canada's high time
747-400 Captain.

2. The 319 deliveries started in 96', after the livery change.

3. No. All of the planes currently operated by Air Canada are in the new livery. The
only plane left in the old livery is a Viscount in the Western Canada Aviation Museum.

4. FS98 versions can be found at My site:
Canadian Flight Sim Unlimited
http://www.escape.ca/~knordman

Hope this clears that up.

-Kyle

Bush

RE: Thanks C-GAGN

Fri Jun 04, 1999 12:53 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, C-GAGN. The fact that they are combis and have such a high cargo capacity would make replacing them with an A340 totally unrealistic. I never thought about that...i always thought it was the cargo that was along for the ride.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos