hkg_clk

Flightdeck Visits On Easyjet

Sat Jun 09, 2001 5:28 am

Does anyone know if Easyjet allows this? I will be flying on them very shortly from London Stanstead to Edinburgh.
See my homepage for a comprehensive guide to spotting and photography at HKG

richardw

RE: Flightdeck Visits On Easyjet

Sat Jun 09, 2001 5:36 am

easyJet fly from LTN to EDI not STN!
Go fly from STN to EDI

gkirk

Sat Jun 09, 2001 5:42 am

Shouldnt have a problem.
Its LTN-EI, not STN-EDI.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

hkg_clk

Sat Jun 09, 2001 5:59 am

Yes, from Luton. Sorry, I was just typing too fast and not thinking first!

Do you think I could watch the landing or take off from there?

gkirk

Sat Jun 09, 2001 6:27 am

If you ask the pilot politely and if they aint filming "airline" u have a good chance of Jump-seating.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Sat Jun 09, 2001 7:44 am

Best way is to write a short polite letter to the captain. but remember to leave a space for you seat number. Give this to the FA and ask her to deliver it to the captain. This is a very polite way to ask, and the FA will not forget.
Best of Luck!
Iain

hkg_clk

Sat Jun 09, 2001 8:40 pm

Will the pilots be around in the cabin? Should I ask the flight attendants instead?

Party

Sat Jun 09, 2001 9:43 pm

I visited the flight deck of an easyjet boeing 737 on a night flight from Luton to Nice this last March. Shortly after boarding the plane I asked a member of the cabin crew if it would be possible to visit the flight deck, they said they would ask the captain. Later on in the flight the attendant (who I had asked earlier) and told me it was ok.

The captain was very pleasant and, as I showed an interest in aviation and some knowledge of the subject, he showed me their flight charts illustrating the waypoints we were flying. I asked about the approach into Nice and he said as the conditions were clear that they would be doing a visual approach, with the first officer performing the landing.

I returned to my seat as things were getting busy, we were starting our descent. The captain did mention that it was a shame I hadn't made my request earlier and I could have then stayed longer.

I have visited the flight decks of the following aircraft in flight :-

Calair DC10-30
British airways A320
British Airways Concorde
Easyjet boeing 737-300

I have always asked the cabin crew near to the start of the flight, especially if it is very short. I have never flown jump seat but would love to and I think the comment in an earlier post of writing a letter, is a good one. I will try this on a future flight.

Hope this has been of interest,
Party

hkg_clk

Sun Jun 10, 2001 12:08 am

Do you think I stand a better change if I sit near the front of the plane? Later in the summer, I will be flying CX from LHR to HKG. However, I am sitting in row 68. Should I change it to something closer to the front?

Sun Jun 10, 2001 12:41 am

It really makes no difference the FA will come and get you.
Iain

Clive@GLA

Sun Jun 10, 2001 4:33 am

I have been up front a few times. Once on a KLM DC-9 AMS-GLA the Co-pilot was smoking a pipe, drinking coffee and relaxing with his feet up on the dash!
Another time as a young kid I was allowed to sit in the jump seat of a Britannia 737 night flight TFS-GLA. The captian pointed out Cardiff as we flew overhead then later Carlisle from where we could already see the city of Glasgow ahead. The whole thing was fascinating especially as we positioned visually with the runway all lit up a night. I remember they were trying their new autobrakes and as we landed in the slush and ice they found them rather harsh whilst set at 1.
Great way to get kids interested in aviation!
Clive

hkg_clk

Sun Jun 17, 2001 6:33 am

Easyjet is brilliant! Just came back from my trip on easyjet and was allowed to watch the landing as well!