Mr.BA
Topic Author

What To Expect In Langawi?

Wed Jun 13, 2001 5:41 pm

Hello everyone,

Just need a little help here. Can anyone let me know what to expect in Langawi airport... ie. what aircrafts will be there, how god to spot there.. etc...

thanks a lot for any help.

alvin
Boeing747 万岁!

airpearl

RE: What To Expect In Langawi?

Wed Jun 13, 2001 11:35 pm

why are you going to Langkawi to spot?! surely there are better places to spot ; and indeed there are better things to do in Langkawi ...

But if you have to - LGK has a small but rather nice and neat terminal (without aerobridges, so you walk right up to the plane - that's nice  Smile ) and is served by three airlines: MAS (737-400 up to about 10x daily, A330-300 on Tue/Wed/Sat), Air Asia (737-300 1x daily) and Silk Air (A320 or A319 1x daily). During the northern winter only, you also get a Finnair MD11 charter weekly. In the past LTU also ran a winter 767 service but that has since terminated.

I know that if you drive from the airport to Kuah Town, there is a scenic point where you can park your car from where you have a commanding bird eye's view of the airport and runway.

shankly

Wed Jun 13, 2001 11:52 pm

If your flying in with MAS, ask for a cockpit visit. I did last year and got invited up for the landing, which is rather impressive with those mountains behind! Airpearl has summarised the movements well. Also saw the odd biz-jet & C-130 (presumably MAF) whilst I was there.

Have a good trip but don't spend too much time at the airport. Hire a scooter and explore this great island.
L1011 - P F M

OH-LZA

Thu Jun 14, 2001 12:33 am

Airpearl

The Finnair charter is on A B757, it has to make an intermediate refueling stop at DXB.

Alexander

airpearl

Thu Jun 14, 2001 1:25 am

thanks OH-LZA, I stand corrected - have AY ever used the MD11? I remember it being reported here as an MD11...

Mr.BA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2001 11:07 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all the help. I am going to langawi to explore the beautiful island, just wondering what can i see in Langawi airport. I knew it won't be that much, but no aerobridges is interesting though.

Thanks a lot again,

alvin
Boeing747 万岁!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos