Planes And Movies

Thu Jun 21, 2001 3:49 pm

Have you ever watched a movie that the main plot involved a plane, but the info on it was wrong? I watched turblance and the plane was a 747-200, but it had the cockpit of a 747-400. Not the main plot but in tommyboy (funny movie by the way) when they borded the plane, it was a 747sp, then when it was in mid air I belive it was an airbus 320. Any other movies that have been like this that come to mind?

airways45

RE: Planes And Movies

Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:09 pm

I remember a Wesley Snipes movie where they are flying a Tristar and the stewardess (Liz Hurley?) said 'this is a jumbo jet'.

cfalk

Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:23 pm

Any wide-body is a Jumbo-jet, although the name got most frequently pegged on the 747, as it was the first one.

The one that got me laughing the most was Airport '79, with the Concorde. They had that thing doing barrel rolls and all sorts of stuff at supersonic speeds, when in reality any upset more than slow and easy course corrections would probably cause the plane to break up.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

L-188

Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:27 pm

I was watching the Battle of Britain and there where this major techincal goof in the film that I couldn't stop staring at....

All of the Me-109's and the He-111 had Merlin engines. They just looked totally wrong.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

cfalk

Thu Jun 21, 2001 6:47 pm

L-188,

How could you tell? The Me109 had a Daimler-Benz V-12, like the Merlin, and I think the Henkel had the same engine as well.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos