cfalk

This Might Be Common This Summer

Tue Jun 26, 2001 10:04 pm

The passengers were leaving the plane after landing, and one smiling, satisfied passenger paused to congratulate the flight attendant.

"Stewardess," he said happily, "I want to compliment you and the crew and especially the captain for getting here right on time. It's not often that an airline gets to where it's going exactly when they claim it will. I'm going to call your home office and let them know how
pleased I am."

"Why, thank you, sir," the flight attendant answered, "but I think you should know--this is yesterday's flight."
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

hustler

RE: This Might Be Common This Summer

Tue Jun 26, 2001 10:06 pm

This is hillarious. Yesterday's flight. LOL LOL LOL.

Oh man you just made my Tuesday!

...Hustler.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

cfalk

Tue Jun 26, 2001 10:17 pm

When I was flying Aeroflot in the early 90's, Russians would tell me, "If it's on time, that means it was delayed 24 hours."

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

mightyfalcon

Wed Jun 27, 2001 12:03 am

Laugh out loud but  Crying

As Charles said: "This might be common this summer"!

Frequent and important delays are to be expected both in Europe and the USA.

Nonetheless, good luck and have a nice trip!

MightyFalcon
The sky has no limit...

Starship

Wed Jun 27, 2001 9:12 am

Perhaps a bit off topic, but I recall a few years ago, I got delayed at my company's head office about 50 minutes before I was due to catch a flight. In my haste to get away, I accidentally locked my car keys in the boot of my hired car and I had no way of getting them back in a hurry. A locksmith was called, who seemed to take forever to arrive. He fiddled and fiddled and eventually I said I was rather going to break a window. I was poised to smash a window with a brick, when the door lock popped open and I was able to pull the boot lever and retrieve my keys. I did some low flying to get to the airport, dumped the car and headed for the check-in counter only to be told that my flight was going nowhere!!!! It had been cancelled....... I said to the check in clerk that if only she knew what I been been through to get there in time! Anyway, they sympathised and gave me a free ticket for use at a later stage. That was cool and I made use of the ticket six months later. Sometimes there are benefits in being delayed.
Behind every "no" is a "yes"