AeroGlobeAir7
Topic Author

Qantas 767 Routes?

Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:51 am

Hi! I am writing the monthly newsletter for my fantasy airline (Aero Globe Airlines; see "Build Your Own Airline!"), and I'm currently in the middle of an article about 3 767-300ERs we are transferring to our Pacific division for flights from our Sydney hub to Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, and Auckland. I was just wondering what flights other than the ones listed, Qantas uses their 767s on? Thanks for the help! I just couldn't think of any others and I knew there were more, thanks again!

jupiter2

RE: Qantas 767 Routes?

Fri Jun 29, 2001 7:42 am

QF 767's are used on the following routes: SYD to MEL/BNE/PER/ADL/CNS/AKL/WLG/CHC/HNL/MNL. Also there are SYD/CGK/SIN, SYD/SIN/BOM, SYD/BNE/POM, SYD/ADL/SIN, SYD/BNE/SIN.
There is also PER/NRT, PER/DPS, PER/SIN, PER/SIN/HKG, PER/MEL, MEL/HKG, MEL/AKL, MEL/CHC, MEL/OOL, BNE/CNS, BNE/AKL, BNE/CHC, BNE/HKG, BNE/CNS/HKG, BNE/SIN, CNS/DRW/SIN.
There are probably more but these should give you a pretty good idea.
RL

EGGD

Fri Jun 29, 2001 7:46 am

PER-SIN and SYD-CNS are serviced with 767's (although the SP also fly's SYD-CNS)

Regards, Dan

Kiwi dave

Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:26 am

QF does not use 767's to Wellington

TG992

Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:38 am

Just to add to that rather unhelpful post above

QF fly 737s to WLG.
-

Teej13

Fri Jun 29, 2001 9:21 am

I remember seeing one land at YYZ - didn't they used to do the SYD-HNL-YVR-YYZ route, or something to that effect?

jupiter2

Fri Jun 29, 2001 9:27 am

RE: The WLG service, yes they don't anymore I was living in the past. As for YYZ and YVR both dropped in favour of code shares.
RL

wirraway

Fri Jun 29, 2001 2:02 pm

QANTAS to Cut Adelaide Singapore Flights, Add Asian Routes

SYDNEY, June 29 Asia Pulse - Australian airline major Qantas Airways Ltd will cut its direct flights from Adelaide to Singapore in December, saying it is losing too much money on the route.
But Singapore Airlines immediately jumped into the void, vowing to increase capacity by 22 per cent on the route.

Qantas plans to re-route its three remaining services via Darwin, allowing the airline to sell spare seats to domestic travellers.

The Australian carrier has also cut its daily Darwin to Singapore service back to three flights per week, but has boosted domestic services between Cairns and Darwin.

"The daily services from Cairns and Darwin to Singapore continue to be unprofitable and we need to establish different ways of serving these international markets," Qantas executive general manager Paul Edwards said Thursday.

Mr Edwards said Qantas would however increase the number of flights between Queensland and Asia.

From October Qantas will introduce four services to Osaka in Japan from Cairns and will begin two weekly services to Singapore from Townsville.

By next year Qantas intends to offer a daily Cairns-Osaka service.

Qantas now operates 28 return flights a week between Japan and Australia.

"We believe that the new services will boost business and leisure travel between Australia and Japan, one of our most important international markets, and will further grow this market for the Queensland tourism industry," Mr Edwards said.

Qantas would continue to codeshare on Japan Airlines flights between Brisbane, Sydney and Osaka, he said.

He said the airline would use 767-300 aircraft for the new international flights, and the smaller 737 aircraft on the domestic flights.

Singapore Airlines meanwhile said it would use the large 777 aircraft to boost capacity on its three Adelaide to Singapore flights.

It would then be the only international airline which offers all of its Adelaide to Singapore services as non-stop flights.

"The upgrade of aircraft from the A340-300 to the Boeing 777-200 will see an increase in capacity of 58 seats per flight, offering more opportunities for Adelaide travellers to visit Singapore and beyond," Singapore Airlines public relations manager Australia Stephen Forshaw said.

ASIA PULSE

QantasAirways

Fri Jun 29, 2001 6:36 pm

Smart thing for Singapore Airlines to immediately jump in.
Too bad Qantas isn't smart enough to jump in on the SIN-CNS route that Singapore Airlines dropped out of.

Regards
QantasAirways  Big thumbs up
Spirit of Australia

Qantas737

Fri Jun 29, 2001 6:38 pm

QantasAirways, thats because Qantas already flys the CNS-SIN route. They are losing money on that route and will be changing it to a CNS-BNE-SIN route.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos