SVG
Topic Author

SAS Suspends CPH-STN

Fri Jun 29, 2001 7:09 pm

SAS will suspend its twice daily Copenhagen-Stansted route as of October 28, 2001. SAS-owned Air Botnia will also suspend its daily service from Bergen to Stansted as of October 28 . Earlier SAS has suspended all flights from Oslo and Stockholm to Stansted Airport.

The twice daily Stavanger-Stansted service will continue. This route was introduced when SAS suspended its Stavanger-Hearthrow route earlier this year. The route is very unpopular with customers and the number of passengesr has fallen by 30% since the route was moved fra Heathrow to Stansted. This means that all SAS routes to London Stansted has been very unsucsessful

airblue

RE: SAS Suspends CPH-STN

Fri Jun 29, 2001 7:15 pm

Why SAS didn't move their SVG-LHR to LGW in spite of STN??

LGW is the logical replacment for LHR.

But the 2 free slots after SVG-LHR withdraw have just used for new flights to ARN or CPH??

TR

Fri Jun 29, 2001 7:54 pm

Airblue:

SAS don´t fly to Gatwick from CPH as this route is operated three times daily by SAS-partner Maersk Air with B737-500. Maersk Air also operate three daily flight from Billund to Gatwick. Connections from Denmark to Gatwick is sufficient with this. From Oslo Gatwick is served by Braathen, which SAS has recently taken over. So no need to compete with ones own subsidary on the Gatwick-route from there.

I guess SAS suspends the STN routes as there are not enough business class passengers on that route. STN is mostly used by charter airlines and low-cost carriers and probably not situated geograficly correct to be an advantage to business travellers.

airblue

Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:35 pm

TR:

I was talking only about the SVG-STN flights that was moved there from LHR.
But I agree with you about the CPH/ARN/BGO/OSL fligths to STN now withdraw. I think few business travellers.

Cheers

SVG
Topic Author

Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:41 pm

SAS added two more daily flights from Stockholm to Heathrow when they suspended the Stavanger route.

gardermoen

Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:51 pm

Does this mean no non-stop flghts from Stavanger to ANY London airport?
Strange?
A shame they canned the LHR/SVG route - that always did well and had a lot of pax. I think SAS wanted the slots for more CPH/OSL/STO flights.

And what about Bergen/London? Does this mean no more flights at all? This means no London flights fromt he westcoast of Norway at all by SK.
This could be a slow move to avoid duplication with Braathes, afterall BU do fly to Gatwick, from bergen. Perhaps they can pick up the SVG route too.

airblue

Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:53 pm

Thanks SVG,

Something new in SVG airport??
I like to have news about it but no web site or only in Norwigian,so it's very difficult....

Cheers Smile

SVG
Topic Author

Fri Jun 29, 2001 10:21 pm

Gardermoen:
The twice SVG-STN service will continue. Braathens flies daily from Bergen to Gatwick

Airblue:
Stavanger Airport has had some very rough years. Many routes have been suspended and the passenger numbers have decreased. Hopefully a recent boom in the oil industry will have some effect on the airport. There are plans for a new terminal building, but I guess it will take many years before the new terminal will be built.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos