ROP
Topic Author

Second Bangkok Int'l Airport?

Mon Jul 02, 2001 5:45 pm

If the new Bangkok Int'l airport becomes real..what will happen to Singapore's Changhi?? anyone has the opinion??

AI744LR

RE: Second Bangkok Int'l Airport?

Tue Jul 03, 2001 12:24 am

Bangkok's new international airport is still a dream. By the time it becomes a reality, Singapore would probably have a better one.

Cheers!

twa@fra

Tue Jul 03, 2001 1:47 am

If you see the traffic in that region, I think it’s enough for several big Airports (SIN, KUL, BKK)
Hopeful TG (which have an excellent service, I just flown with them) then have the chance to grow like SQ does in the past and became an much more important carrier.

N.P.M

P.S. The old BKK Apt. is really an worst one, you arr. by an 744 an got an Bus transfer to the terminal which take up to 10 Min.

AI744LR

Tue Jul 03, 2001 3:49 am

Yes, that's because the authorities failed to plan ahead for the kind of traffic BKK is getting since the past decade. On second thought, I guess I really can't blame them for not being able to predict the future.

The current Donmuang International is not that bad if your a/c is received by a Jetway. Ofcourse it cannot be compared to a Changi, but it is certainly better than average. It serves most needs of a passenger well. Customs and immigrations are almost transparent (take up no time at all) under normal circumstances.