VirginA340
Topic Author

TWA Lives On.......in Hollywood

Thu Jul 05, 2001 6:37 am

That's right according to this months Airliner's Magazine; TWA lives on in over 1,000 TV shows and more than 300 motionpictures and hundreds of educational specials, documentaries and commercials

Such movies include Rocky 3 and 4 in which a TWA 747-100 and L-1011 in the double strip scheme can be seen along with the A-Team in which a TWA 747 was used. Let's not forget Airport in which the cigar chomping TWA Crew Chief Joe Patroni(George Kennedy) is seen wearing a Double globe TWA winter jacket. The TWA double globe logo and two gate agent uniforms can even be seen in the movie Pirates of Cilicone Valley. The inside of a TWA aircraft was shown. I think it was a DC-9 or a 727 but remeber that TWA will always look glamerous in Hollywood especially in the films made in the 1950s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor stared in films that had involed a TWA Connie.

So what's you favorite movie in which TWA was shown. Mine is Airport, Rocky 3 and 4 along with the TV show A-Team.
"FUIMUS"

DELL_dude

RE: TWA Lives On.......in Hollywood

Thu Jul 05, 2001 7:48 am

Silence of the Lambs: shot of a TWA 767 on approach.

Over The Top: Boy takes a TWA flight from L.A. to Las Vegas to see his father in an Arm Wrestling competition. (starring Sylvester Stallone)

The Flight - The hijacking of TWA Flight 847: movie based on the hijacking of TWA flight 847

Marilyn Monroe's favorite airline was TWA

The Pope always flew with TWA when returning home from the U.S.A.

In my eyes TWA will always be the greatest airline ever. TWA's employees were the most dedicated people in industry. Something that can't be bought or sold is the fact that the TWA name will always live on as a proud symbol of what once was.

DELL_dude

EGGD

Thu Jul 05, 2001 7:54 am

The hijacking of TWA Flight 847: movie based on the hijacking of TWA flight 847

LOL, what flight would it be Big grin

Thu Jul 05, 2001 8:20 am

Airport was a good one

-tom

VirginA340
Topic Author

Thu Jul 05, 2001 8:58 am

As alot of people can see TWA will be the more famous and better airline than PA, EA or any airline ever since beleive it or not TWA made the mockups in order to have their planes shown in the movies. A PAN AM 747-100 was shown twice in James Bond's Live and Let Die when 007 was flying a LHR-JFK. But it looks like TWA will always be the dominant one in Hollywood. Thats another thing TWA has that no other airline in this day and age will since airlines of today will show their insignia and planes once in a blue moon. The last time I saw a real airline was UAL 747-400 in Rush Hour and maybe Rush Rour 2, FEDEX in Castaway and Tower Air on Liar, Liar; but the Tower titles were painted out but Castaway was showing the whole 9 yards logos, planes even the CEO!!! The rest of todays movies are all fictional airlines like in Fight Club, Hero, and Final Destination.
"FUIMUS"

TWA717_200

Thu Jul 05, 2001 9:36 am

TWA had the last scene in Duets with Huey Lewis and Gweneth Paltrow.

chepos

Thu Jul 05, 2001 9:52 am

There is a great article on the Ambassador magazine of TWA about the famous people that have flown TWA in the past 75 years. They have Joe Dimaggio and Marilyn Monroe boarding a TWA aircraft in the cover. This is the Ambassador from the month of July of the year 2000.
Chepos
Puerto Rico
Fly the Flag!!!!

Cody

Thu Jul 05, 2001 10:22 am

While watching the Twi-Light Zone marathon today, I saw a TWA 707 taking off in one of the episodes. When I was little I distinctly remember seeing a movie about a father who killed his wife and daughter and somehow the daughter survived and he didn't know it. Later on when she is older, they meet again and he falls in love with her not knowing who she is. When she finds out that she is falling for her father, she tries to kill herself inside a TWA 747 lavatory. The movie, "Man, Woman, and Child" made in 1979, had several TWA scenes including French flight attendants wearing the same uniform TWA wears today. I sure will miss TWA.

Thu Jul 05, 2001 10:40 am

All About Eve is my favorite movie of all time and has a TWA Constellation stationary on the tarmac.