montenegro

Virgin? Where Is A Big Deal?

Fri Jun 11, 1999 11:10 pm

Well, finally it is pubblic, the VA new livery, but what, where, how??? I expected more and more. Nowdays a work done for example from Lan Chile is a radical change, but this VA "new" livery?? I do not see nothing new, some corrections maybe, but saying that that was a radical change to a new century is a litlle to much.
What do you my friends thing about that?
If you have not seen it yet go to The 1.st Spotters Web Page.

RE: Virgin? Where Is A Big Deal?

Sat Jun 12, 1999 4:32 am

I don't see any Virgin pics at the 1st spotters web page. Where are they?

Carolyn

RE: Virgin's New Livery

Sat Jun 12, 1999 4:51 am

I think its fake, but this is the one he is talking about.

I'm very dissapointed about their new livery.

Rooz

Sat Jun 12, 1999 4:56 am

Just to add a note, this pic doesn't not represent on the body. Its not white, but silver.
Not the bare metal as Virgin told before.

Rooz

jr

Sat Jun 12, 1999 5:32 am

Yes you're right - there is no silver in this pictures, and the much talked
about union jack isn't quite visible either ...
I've flown on 9V-SPK.

cedarjet

Sat Jun 12, 1999 5:57 am

I saw a 747-400 at Heathrow yesterday in the new colours. They suck big time. The logo is oversized on the tail, so it doesn't quite fit, extremities clipped etc. And the red tail colouring runs down in a misshapen blob over the top of the rear fuselage, tail cone etc. And no union jack (apparently it's on the winglets, which weren't easily visible). And the so-called "silver" looks suspiciously like the most drab, battleship grey. The white body, red tail and engines was one of the smartest in the sky, and they couldn't have made it worse than this new scheme. Meanwhile BA have started painting the Concorde's flag design onto 757s and 767s (and eventually the whole fleet, presumably). It actually looks really really cool. So Virgin were handed a publicity coup (to incorporate a flag in a new design while BA got pummelled by criticism of their "World Images") and have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory (so to speak) by ruining their gorgeous design while BA fix theirs.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

Sat Jun 12, 1999 9:28 am

If this is Virgin's new livery, then I am very disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing another airline employ a true polished metal look, and unfortunately this livery does not do that. The Union Jacks are not very visable, and the plane just doesn't look that great. Virgin blew it big time!

cedarjet

Sat Jun 12, 1999 8:47 pm

Aaaargh! What the hell is that ypeface? Could they have found anything more incongruous and ugly? This is a complete mess and this is the first time my opinion of an airline has been influenced by it's colour scheme. But Virgin's new one is just THAT BAD. If their judgement is that bad, maybe they're screwing up in other ways as well.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

A330

Sat Jun 12, 1999 11:59 pm

Where can I find a REAL picture of the new livery?
Virgin Express will also change their livery...
Shiek!

RE: To A330

Sun Jun 13, 1999 2:53 am

The real pic?
This is the REAL pic! Im sorry to say it is.

Rooz