airsicknessbag

LH CityLine In Kiruna And Ostersund Last Night?

Sun Jul 08, 2001 11:13 pm

Hi everybody,

I noticed at FRA´s arrival board that there arrived two Lufthansa CityLine flights last night from Kiruna and Ostersund, respectively, between 0400 and 0500 - any idea what that might have been?

Thanks,

Daniel Smile

johnnybgoode

RE: LH CityLine In Kiruna And Ostersund Last Night?

Mon Jul 09, 2001 12:13 am

afaik, somewhere in the north of sweden there is a facility where new cars can be tested in extreme conditions, like snow, ice.
if my memory serves right, there have been several chartered flights by Volkswagen to somewhere in sweden, and some of these flights originated in braunschweig (!!!).
however, i don´t know if that was to kiruna.
i believe that´s arvidsjaur, which is also in the north of sweden, because i remember my father once flying there and they were given t-shirts by the arvidsjaur airport company because the airport authorities were so happy to have a bigger airline at the airport.

in addition, in summer there are sometimes charter flights to northern european regions, although i don´t know if that´s the case.
CLH sometimes conducts charter flights on behalf of condor or german tour operators, currently to knock and shannon in ireland, and to brindisi and pescara in italy. could be a something similar.

best wishes
daniel
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

airsicknessbag

RE: LH CityLine In Kiruna And Ostersund Last Night?

Mon Jul 09, 2001 12:38 am

Thanks Daniel.

>>>CLH sometimes conducts charter flights on behalf of condor or german tour operators, currently to knock and shannon in ireland, and to brindisi and pescara in italy

Yeah, I saw once flights from Karlsruhe to Naples with LH 5XXX flight numbers...

Daniel Smile