Take a look at these images:

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © John Sweeney

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Mark Ruth

How does this make you feel? Is the American takeover
an absorption or a saving of the airline?

I am not lamentful over this, but will miss the already rather uncommon sight of a TWA jet's livery. Still,
this is a rather neat compromise. But will the TWA
titles eventually be removed, like Air Canada did with
Canadian Airlines?

Mac

RE: How Does This Make You Feel?

Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:30 am

I have always been a TWA fan and I am very sad to see the airline go the way so many have in the past. But from what I have been told, the takeover of TWA by American will at least save many from losing their jobs...in that they will, to a certain extent, carry on in their positions as American Airline employees.

I think the paint scheme seen in the photographs are interesting. Personally, I see no problem at all with it...but I think it is only an interim livery until the takeover of TWA is completed within the next year or so. Then, at that time, the livery, I believe, will revert back to the full AA application.

Mac

Fri Jul 13, 2001 5:31 am

This must be american's way of gradually taking TWA planes out of the air and the TWA logos will probably be gone in a few years!

blink182

Fri Jul 13, 2001 10:14 am

Looks like TWA is taking over AA if you ask me. If they had "AA" titles on the TWA white scheme planes, it would look like AA was taking over TWA. But the interim scheme looks like TWA is taking over AA if you ask me.
rgds,
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

Dasheighty

Fri Jul 13, 2001 12:03 pm

Makes you think that theres only going to be one airline in the years to come.

ILOVEA340

Fri Jul 13, 2001 2:00 pm

Thats life deal with it. This is how business works. The weak get taken over.

Sun Jul 15, 2001 5:10 pm

It look dog shit ugly if you aks me. AA only keepin that on til the full shabang is down with,then the twa plane be painted over with AA on it.