For Anyone Who Has Flown Mesa

Fri Jul 13, 2001 11:21 am

If you have flown MESA, how was your flight? I am mainly interested in U.S. Airways Express, but other divisons of MESA are welcome. I am interested in the inflight service, interior, crews, hubs, etc. MESA is a good airline I hear.

Thanks

RE: For Anyone Who Has Flown Mesa

Fri Jul 13, 2001 12:25 pm

I am not sure how Mesa operates as US Airways Express, but under the HP name they are ok most of the time. Here in PHX they use the Dash 8 and beech 1900 turbo prop and CRJ jets. On all the aircraft I have been on all have been clean. The inflight service is sometimes better then main line HP service. I rather enjoy flying on them. Out of CMH they use all CRJ's but they will be pulling some HP Express routes as HP has signed a code with RP to provide ERJ service on some routes. Hope this helps.

travaz

Fri Jul 13, 2001 1:53 pm

I also have flown on Mesa as HP EX many times and they are fine. The Beech 1900's are one of my favorite airplanes to fly on. Great view and feels like a real airplane!!

desertjets

Fri Jul 13, 2001 11:23 pm

Last summer I flew HPX on a Mesa CRJ PHX-EUG-PHX. Phoenix-Eugene is probably one of the longest CRJ flights in the Mesa system... probably close behind PHX-DSM and PHX-ICT. I found the service to be excellent, certainly better than what I was getting on mainline at the time. Groundgrew was very helpful and personable. And the f/a's on both segments were VERY friendly and easy to get along with. The interiors of the CRJs are rather bland though. White walls and gray leather seats, I suppose it could be dolled up a bit. Overall I had a good experience w/ Mesa.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

Sat Jul 14, 2001 2:08 am

What was served inflight?

Sat Jul 14, 2001 3:10 am

I used to fly Mesa a lot ABQ-CNM (Albuquerque-Carlsbad, NM) on their 'house brand' Beech 1900s...I don't like the 1900 very much, but the flights were good and I loved the purple/yellow southwest paint scheme. There was, of course, no service on these flights.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © AirNikon

Corey777

charlieduke

Sat Jul 14, 2001 3:17 am

If I may interupt this HP/Mesa lovefest for just a second.... I have had more unpleasant experiences than pleasant ones. A/c out, no water onboard, diverts, no ground crew, etc.