airwarrior

Delta Starting PBI-JFK

Wed Jul 18, 2001 1:10 am

In another obvious move to go directly after jetBlue, Delta Express is beginning JFK-PBI on November 1. The market will now have 8 non-stops a day between DL and JB. It will be interesting to see how this effects DL's mainline service out of LGA to PBI.

RE: Delta Starting PBI-JFK

Wed Jul 18, 2001 1:14 am

look for DL's LGA-FLA flights to be turned over to Express in the future.

acvitale

Wed Jul 18, 2001 1:29 am

Delta runs the PBI-JFK every year seasonally.

So far Delta has resisted making LGA flights Delta Express. That is good. I refuse to fly Delta Distress. I much prefer mainline even if it means a couple bucks more and a connection. Delta Distress, Metrojunk and others are low end weak attempts to immitate Southwest and frankly they fall far short and aggrevate the crud out of me.

Al

airwarrior

Wed Jul 18, 2001 2:22 am

Hi ACVITALE -

I've been flying PBI-JFK for years and I assure you DL (either mainline or Express) hasnt had n/s service in years, in fact I can not remember n/s to JFK from PBI ever on Delta (FLL, yes - PBI, no). LGA has had mainline for years and EWR recently got Express service. TWA had a JFK-PBI service but they discontinued after jetBlue came to town. Now, I could be wrong about Delta not serving PBI-JFK in the past but for someone who flies that route regularly - I certainly dont remember it.

AW

padcrasher

Wed Jul 18, 2001 2:53 am

They did have JFK-PBI back in 99. It was one flight that left the afternoon but it did end that year.

Boeing757/767

Wed Jul 18, 2001 3:01 am

A little off the topic here, but with the continued growth of low-cost carriers from the Northeast to Florida, what's a person to do if they want a first-class seat? With the exception of Miami and making connections, it's all low-fare now.

No wonder private jet use is up!
Free-thinking, left-leaning secularist

deltairlines

Wed Jul 18, 2001 3:12 am

Delta still has mainline ops to FL from LGA. I do wish they cut BOS-MCO on Express and made it mainline MD-80s and 738s. I remember back a few years ago (Before Express) they had 767s, L-1011s and A310s doing that route.

Jeff

acvitale

Wed Jul 18, 2001 5:53 am

Better check again.

I am holding a schedule from Jan 2000 and one from Dec 2000 that both show the MD88 operating from PBI-JFK in the mid afternoon with an early evening return.

As I said it is seasonal..

I fly the NYC-PBI route at least once every 2-3 weeks and I know the DL offerings.

They also service EWR and LGA from PBI (LGA mainline, EWR Delta Distress)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos