airlinelover

NW Jet Makes Emerg. Landing At DTW..Any Info?

Sat Jul 21, 2001 12:09 pm

I heard that a Northwest jet made an emergency landing at DTW on Thursday (July 19).. All it said is that an engine was on fire. Anyone got more info? Like what kind of jet and more info on landing.

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

skihigh2002

RE: NW Jet Makes Emerg. Landing At DTW..Any Info?

Sat Jul 21, 2001 12:57 pm

Here's the story :

A Northwest Airlines plane was forced to make a quick landing at Detroit's Metro Airport Thursday night.

A Northwest 727 left Detroit/Wayne County Metro bound for Minneapolis at about 9:30 p.m. The plane had engine trouble shortly after takeoff and was forced to return to the airport, according to affiliate Web site clickondetroit.com.

No injuries were reported.

The passengers were asked to de-plane and boarded another aircraft.

An airport spokesman said that the passengers were delayed only for a short time.

----

I pulled all that off Yahoo News.

Chris/MEM

airlinelover

Sat Jul 21, 2001 1:01 pm

This is the story I pulled off of Nando Times:

The Associated Press

ROMULUS, Mich. (July 20, 2001 5:59 p.m. EDT) - A Northwest Airlines jet headed for Minneapolis made an emergency return landing at the Detroit airport Thursday night, according to television station WJBK.

The station reported that the plane returned because an engine caught fire.

The plane landed safely, and all the passengers were being placed on later flights, said Mike Conway, a spokesman for Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

Northwest officials did not return calls for comment Thursday night.

That's what I heard, and needless to say, neither article is too specific.. I was wondering if anyone had any details.. But Thanks for the help!

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

YoungDon

Sat Jul 21, 2001 1:18 pm

Well, at least the plane didn't have to go too far to get repaired!  Smile

airlinelover

RE: YoungDon

Sat Jul 21, 2001 1:36 pm

True enough.. Lucky for them.

Chris