Lufthansa
Topic Author

The Ladies Flight Left A Lasting Impression

Tue Jun 15, 1999 1:24 pm

I have just returned this morning back to this tropical city i call home, after visiting my parents for the Queens Birithday long weekend. This morning, i had a flight like no other - every member of the crew was a lady. And i tell you what, it was the most flawless flight i ever had. Every last little detail was perfected - and, our engines even shut down right at the very minute the timetable said the flight would end.

Within seconds. I could see, when the captain spoke a few words to everybody over the PA system, i saw just few surprised faces. But can i say, that the A320 i was on this morning, piloted by two ladies named Sarah and Estell, (very informal compared to the usal captain- surname) well, it was the very best i had been on in quite some time. Now, i don't want to upset any of the ladies here - of course woman are fully competent to do this, but, i was just pleasently surprised by every last little detail of their flight this morning. I barely even noticed we had landed to top it all off. I think its very good to see more females in the flightdeck, but, this was the first time i had ever been on an all female crew(even the flight attendeds - numbering 5 plus a purser).
I am very impressed!

RE: The Ladies Flight Left A Lasting Impression

Tue Jun 15, 1999 3:30 pm

Now that's exotic man! U were on an Ansett flight right?

David L

Tue Jun 15, 1999 9:15 pm

I'm not in the least bit surprised those ladies flew the plane so well but they managed to PARK it too?!

md80forum

Wed Jun 16, 1999 4:44 am

For the record, the first all-ladies MD80 flight was done by Alaska Airlines in May 1986. More "first ladies" at http://www.dlc.fi/~andelin/md80lady.htm

Jan-Erik Andelin
MD80 International Forum
http://surf.to/md80

mirage

Using This Forum To Advertise Other Forum? Hmmmnt

Wed Jun 16, 1999 4:59 am

Using this forum to advertise another forum?
hhmmmmm....

David L

RE: Using This Forum To Advertise Other Forum? Hmmmnt

Wed Jun 16, 1999 5:49 am

I checked the rules and it says you can point to a website "of high relevance to a certain discussion" which seems to be the case here.

Alert as ever, Mirage! At least it took the attention away from my dodgey remark.